chapter 4

chapter 4

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

With a new understanding,Michael now sets out to stop the terrible fate that lies ahead for the earth.

"
Alexia ran along side Michael as he ran through the city streets."So where do we start?!"
"We start at the worst effected area." Michael saw a piece of metal hanging from a roof so he threw his sticky grappling hook at it,then pulled on it to advance to the roof of the building."Come on slow poke!" He turned round and saw Alexia standing in front of him with her arms crossed over her chest.
"Done having fun?"
"Not quite.Even though I hate being back,I think it is time to have a little fun.Stretch the old muscles out."Michael ran over to the edge of the building that over looked a street below.There were creatures being gunned down by a soldier stationed at a turret."Hey!" The creatures turned to Michael.
"I hope you know what you are doing." Alexia spoke in uncertainty.
"I sure do."Michael charged energy orbs in his hands then jumped from the roof to the ground creating a blast of energy along with a crater.He was in a crouched pose."Who's first?" The creatures charged at Michael with fury so he flipped one of them over by its arms.Next he jumped through the air and landed on the chest of one of the creatures,the force pushing it over.Michael turned his arm into a blue crystal sword and stabbed it deep inside of the creatures throat killing it instantly.
"Michael!"Alexia did a back flip off the roof onto the ground.She pulled out her gun and shot a saw directly into the mouth of a creature getting ready to bite Michael.The saw cut open its mouth before making its head explode in a bloody mess.
"Thanks."Michael ran in to a group of the creatures and began hacking away at them one by one leaving behind nothing in his wake.By the time he was finished,Michael staggered backwards laughing."I forgot how much fun that is!"
Alexia was gasping for air."Lucky for those who are built with extra strength."
"Yeah."Michael walked over to the soldier."The name's Michael.Yours?"
"Uh...my name?"
"Yes."
"Fred."
"Fred?"
"Yes."

"Not really a heroic name...but I will not judge.Anyways,Fred,I have a job to do."Michael got closer to Fred so he could whisper."The wife is nagging."
Fred laughed."Gotcha."
Michael hopped off the sand bags and strolled over to Alexia."Okay babe,which way to the worst affected area?"
"This way."Alexia turned into black smoke and disappeared through a narrow gap between two buildings.
"I can't do that you know!" Michael searched round before giving up.There was no way round the building before him.Although, the front entrance was hanging open allowing him to enter.Michael quickly ran inside of the building but found it to be blazing with fire.
"Help me!" Screamed a man trapped underneath a piece of fallen debris.
"Hang on!"Michael ran over to the civilian and pulled the debris off of him."Go...hurry." Once the man was cleared from the room,Michael ran out the back of the building and exited through a back exit.The door was locked making it even more impossible to escape.But with a little brute force,the door was broken off its hinges with a shoulder charge. Michael now stood in an alley so he took off running towards the exit.
"Took your time!"Laughed Alexia,leaning against a building.
"I can't use that smoke power you have."
"Not yet."Alexia walked over to Michael and placed both hands on the sides of his head.
"What are you..."
"Shush."Black smoke poured out from Alexia's hands and began to cloud around Michael's head.The smoke spun around his head like a small tornado then forced its way up his nose and in his mouth.
"Jesus!"Michael fell on the ground clutching his throat."What did you do?!"
"You now have the ability to travel through smaller spaces.Use it wisely." Alexia disappeared in a puff of black smoke,the trail leading down the street and inside of a building.
"Thanks."Michael got up and saw some creatures inside of a store.They were terrorizing the owner."Time to give this a try."Michael ran at the store and felt a weird sensation rush through him.He looked at his hands and arms as black smoke rolled down them.The next thing he noticed was that time almost felt as if it were slowly down as the smoke engulfed his body.Michael carried on running and jumped at a small hole in the store window.To his surprise,Michael had somehow managed to squeeze through the gap in the form of a smoke cloud.
"Now that is what I call a power up."Michael saw and felt the smoke disappear."Time to take care of these scum bags."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
Read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on May 9, 2014
Last Updated on May 10, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay