I Hate Mondays, but I Like Girls

I Hate Mondays, but I Like Girls

A Chapter by Ryoga

The year is 2149A.I. (After Invasion). It is pretty normal to see aliens on my home planet of Earth. I was born after a treaty was signed to commemorate peace between us humans on Earth and other species in the universe. My school, Unico Private, was the first school to have aliens and humans in an integrated learning environment. Most of the aliens keep to themselves, while others use their abilities to control others. I’m just an ordinary human with an extraordinary mind, but living an ordinary life. For now...

 

Monday sucks. Today was the day the results of a national test were going to be posted. My foster parents thought it had to be me because I was ranked 1st in the country. I hated being smart. It made me feel like an outcast.


 I got ready for school and headed to the library to get my daily book. Can you believe that a 3rd year like me has no friends? The only thing I consider as my friends are books. They are works of art. They’ll never change, and they will always be there in our subconscious minds.


 I arrived at my regular library to find that it was closed due to remodeling. "I thought that was next week. Guess I’ll have to go to the school library."


 I stared into the sky, only to see my towering school. Unico Private, the country’s smartest school.


 I had just walked through the gate, when someone seized my arm. "Where do you think you are going to, Kevin?" said a booming voice. It was Brady. He used to be my friend when we were younger, but like all my other friends he changed from a shy, quiet boy into a tall, large, and loud tyrant.


 "Aren’t you going to say hi to an old friend?" he said.


 "I don’t talk to large idiots. Now buzz off." I said as I walked away.


 He took hold of my uniform and struck my face with his fist. "That’ll teach you to call me an idiot. I’m in this school aren’t I? So I must be pretty smart." How he got into this school, I’ll never know.


 While he was hammering me down, I saw a girl with the 1st year’s uniform and a large sketchbook on her shoulder. It was a traditional sailor suit with a green ascot to match her forest green hair. She walked behind Brady and tapped him for his attention. He turned to see the girl smiling happily to him. She opened the sketchbook and wrote a message. It read, "Stop fighting or else!" "Or else what?!" he ordered.


 Her amethyst purple eyes looked at Brady with concentration. Brady’s body abruptly flung onto the brick wall. She walked near me and knelt down beside me. She took out a large handkerchief and wiped my face clean. She placed it in my hand and walked away.


 Just who was that girl and how did she do that?


 I looked dumb folded at the knocked-out Brady. The bell rang and class started. I had no time to get my book, so I ran straight to class. Class was boring as usual, since it wasn’t challenging. All I did was wonder who that girl was? She was very beautiful, yet she looked lonely.


 Class ended, and I headed straight for the library. What kind of book would I check out today? I heard the sound of books brushing together on the shelves. I ran to the shelf making noise. It seemed the noise came from the other side. I pulled the books only to reveal that the mysterious girl from before was the student librarian!


 All she did was look and smile at me with her lonely smile. She put some books back and made her way to my side. She opened her sketchbook and flipped through it. She showed a page to me and it read, "My name is Shizuka Wakahisa. I’m a 1st year. What’s your name?". "My name is Kevin Royce. I’m a 3rd year. I don’t mean to be rude, but are you mute?" I said.


 She nodded mutely.


 She scribbled something on her sketchbook and showed it to me again. It read, "Do you need something from here? I could help you find it.". "Yeah. I was wondering if you could help me find a good book to read."


 She nodded yes and led me to the literature section. She took out a book that looked so old that the pages would fall off. I knew she had particularly picked this book for me. She laid it gently on a table. She pointed to the title which read "The Quiet Song". I looked up at her smiling face and could tell it was her favorite.


 "You really love books, don’t you?" She just continued to smile. "I do too. I consider books to be my only friends. ----- Why’d I tell you something so embarrassing?!"


 She showed me her sketchbook and I read, "I feel the same way also. Since we are so similar, would you be my friend? Surely, everyone needs a real friend, don’t they?" "Yeah."


 Soon after I checked the test scores and I was ranked 1st again, but I didn’t care because I had made a friend. A real one.


 After that fateful meeting I met her in the library every day after every class. Soon my friendly feelings turned into romantic ones. I met her as usual, after the last period of the day, and saw she was doing inventory.


 "Shizuka, I need to talk to you."


 I sat on a chair facing her. She put her clipboard down and walked towards me. "Shizuka, I have something to tell you. I’ve never told anyone else these words. I love you!" She swiftly embraced me and kissed me slowly. She broke away leisurely. I grabbed her and reached in for another kiss. As our lips came together, something slammed into my head. I dropped onto the floor. Shizuka came to help me up. I looked up and saw a woman with bright orange hair and strange royal clothes.


 "As if I’d let you kiss her again. Shi-Shi, you know how Daddy feels about you befriending humans. But now you’re kissing them?!"She said.


 "Who are you?!"


 "The name is Hui. I’m her older sister. One of her five older sisters. I’m the 5th oldest. Here are the rules: 1.No kissing in front of others. 2. You have to meet her bodyguard and befriend her. And 3. If Shizuka gets hurt in any way, emotionally or physically, my family will come personally and kill you. Okay?!"


 "Yes, ma’am!"


 She jumped out of the window and disappeared. And with that begun my strange relationship with an alien princess.



© 2011 Ryoga


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

138 Views
Added on May 1, 2011
Last Updated on May 1, 2011


Author

Ryoga
Ryoga

Bladensburg, MD



About
I'm a hopeful writer and hopeless romantic. My writing started only as a hobby. It became a joy for me when realized that I liked my versions of romance. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Ryoga


2 2

A Chapter by Ryoga


3 3

A Chapter by Ryoga