The Truth Within Ourselves

The Truth Within Ourselves

A Chapter by Ryoga

School ended and I went in the building to leave. I walked slowly thinking about what I had gotten myself into.


 I hadn’t realized to watch where I was walking until I bumped into someone.


"Ouch! I’m sorry. I’m such a klutz. Please forgive me." I looked up to see a beautiful woman with magenta-colored hair. I stood up and lifted her off the ground.


 "I’m sorry. It’s my fault, really." I said as I scanned her body. She wore a black pantsuit and had short, curly rose-pink hair that accented her glasses.


 "My name is Serenity. I’m looking for a girl named Shizuka. Do you know her?" "Why do you need to know?" I asked.


 "Because she is my sister." Gloom washed over me, but I also felt some relief. Now I could get to know more about my girlfriend. Serenity pondered for a moment.


 "You must be her friend! I’ve been looking for one of her friends. She said she had tons on Earth."


 She pulled me back to the roof and sat me down. "Back on our planet, Hita, she was always picked on. She would always try to fight back but would lose every time. It wasn’t until the other kids found out that she was the princess that they started to treat her better. She hated that. Unlike her, the three oldest girls never had trouble befriending people. Did you know that each of girls in my family have different mothers? All died, except for Shizuka’s mother. They were infected with a deadly disease. They are so many troubles back home. That is why I vouched for her to stay here until she graduated."


 "She’s just like me. I know my foster parents love me as their own child, but I don’t feel like I belong there. Shizuka was lonely so I was probably attracted to her loneliness. I wanted someone to be there for me. Someone like me. I love her to much to see her cry." I said as I stood up. "I need to become stronger."


 "So you are my little sister’s boyfriend? Here you go."


 She handed me a bracelet connected to a lock of green hair. "This will help in your training. I really believe you’ll find her voice somewhere in that quiet song of hers."


 She said as she walked off the roof. The truth about my real power will be revealed tomorrow.


 But first I need to apologize to Shizuka for leaving her by herself. I ran my fastest to the library in search for forgiveness.


 I finally arrived, only to see her crying her eyes out. It must’ve really hurt her.


 She quickly turned towards me and stared silently. I kneeled down in front of her.


 "Please forgive me. I was being an idiot. I didn’t mean to hurt you like this." I said before glancing up at her.


 A great big smile appeared on her face. She put her pen to paper and flipped her sketchbook to me.


 "It’s ok. I still like for who you are. I heard my sister came. She came to find my "friends". I’m sorry for bringing you into this mess."


 "No. I’m sorry for being so weak. Tomorrow I’m going to start training with your sister’s, Hui’s, bodyguard. Are you glad?"


 She grabbed her head in shock, and crossed her arms in disagreement.


 "That isn’t good is it?" I asked.


 She shook her head.


 "Yeah. I thought so." And so began more strange misfortunes and other things.



© 2011 Ryoga


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on May 1, 2011
Last Updated on May 1, 2011


Author

Ryoga
Ryoga

Bladensburg, MD



About
I'm a hopeful writer and hopeless romantic. My writing started only as a hobby. It became a joy for me when realized that I liked my versions of romance. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Ryoga


2 2

A Chapter by Ryoga


3 3

A Chapter by Ryoga