Idiot Syndrome

Idiot Syndrome

A Chapter by Ryoga

I started my day as usual, and arrived at school as early as possible. I couldn’t stand to look at Shizuka’s face. Only to see a crying, scared, and defenseless girl.


 Class started and I skipped. I sat on the roof reading the book that brought us together. The book itself was quite interesting.


 It was about a child that was a prince.


 He was very popular and loved to spar with people in the castle. One day while playing tag, he overheard a meeting between his parents and the royal advisor.


 "Use your forces to kill the infected. They will contaminate the royal bloodline." The advisor said. "How?" the king asked. "Your son might choose a bride from one of them. And besides he has done nothing to benefit my kingdom."


 "Your kingdom?! I surely remember being king." "Not anymore." Screams echoed throughout the hallway.


 The boy ran and escaped the coup d’ état. He lived in the forest for years, expanding his fighting technique.


 He soon revolted against the royal advisor and killed him. He crowned himself king, and restored the kingdom to its former glory.


 Everything was perfect, until he noticed that something was missing from his life.


 Love.


 His went into town and saw horrible fighting between the citizens. When he asked about it, he was told a woman was being sent off to marry and that there was a fighting tournament to see who would marry her.


 He entered the tournament and won, only to find out his new bride was his childhood friend. They got married and had many children.


 After that, the book is finished due to lost pages.


 I need to get stronger to protect Shizuka.


 I laid down only to see Hui standing above me.


 "Hey there idiot. Quit sulking and get up. I know how you can get stronger." She said confidently.


 I stood up and saw a tall man in a loose robe with blood-red hair. "How do you know that?" I asked.


 "I can read minds. Anyway…My bodyguard here can train you to become stronger, but he doesn’t come cheap. I’ll take that book. It looks interesting." She snickered.


 "Remember this, kiddo. Idiots don’t aspire to anything. But you’re a different breed. The stubborn type." She jumped off the roof and disappeared.


 "Training begins tomorrow. Meet me on the roof. DON’T BE LATE!" Phoenix gestured as he left.


 Seems like I’m a natural-born idiot.



© 2011 Ryoga


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on May 1, 2011
Last Updated on May 1, 2011


Author

Ryoga
Ryoga

Bladensburg, MD



About
I'm a hopeful writer and hopeless romantic. My writing started only as a hobby. It became a joy for me when realized that I liked my versions of romance. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Ryoga


2 2

A Chapter by Ryoga


3 3

A Chapter by Ryoga