Our First Date

Our First Date

A Chapter by Ryoga

The next day I got up and started to get ready for my first date. I was going crazy. I didn’t tell my parents because they would go all crazy. So instead I told them that I was going to a study group.


 I used my bike instead of walking, since I didn’t want another encounter with Brady. I really didn’t have time for that.


 While on my bike, I stopped at a railroad crossing. The sirens were blaring to warn pedestrians. The train zipped by the crossing, and on the other side I saw Shizuka being pursued by Jian.


 I wish that we could be alone, but that would take a miracle. Jian wore a lavender color mandarin gown and sharp black heels, while in her hair she had intricately woven an oriental fan in her long indigo hair. Shizuka wore a bright blue halter top with a blue plaid pleated skirt.


 This was the first time I had seen her without her sketchbook.


 She looked adorable, but I couldn’t fully admire her beauty with Jian staring me down like hawk. I crossed the road in joy, yet fear.


 "How’s everyone today?!" I said with a glaring smile. "Idiot, just take her to the place already. She got up early to dress up for you."


 Jian declared. Shizuka shuffled her skirt and became flushed. "Oh please, Princess. Don’t worry I’ll be hidden while you are on your date. Just call me if something happens." She said as she stepped back and vanished into thin air.


 "Hop on Shizuka." I said. She hopped on and we rode off.


 I stopped at the local amusement park. "Why don’t we spend some time here?" She nodded and hopped off the bike.


 I took her hand and dragged her to the ticket line. I bought our tickets and we ran straight to the roller coasters. We rode every one until we were sick.


 Shizuka pointed to the last ride of the day, the Ferris wheel.


 We sat comfortably, side by side, while the conductor closed the door. This day was perfect.


 No Jian, no family, no Brady, and no strange occurrences.


 I turned towards Shizuka and tilted her face to mine. I closed in for a kiss, and our lips locked.


 A loud noise erupted from the background and interrupted our kiss. We went to the windows to see.


 A girl with grey hair and the 1st year’s uniform stood in the debris of stalls. I turned to see Shizuka with a terrified face.


 "Do you know her?" I asked.


 She just kept her expression, and stared at the girl.


 Shizuka soon punched through the glass window and pointed to the sky. In an instant, Jian appeared.


 "She’s here, Your Highness. Should I terminate her?" Shizuka nodded quietly, without even looking at me.


 Jian jumped off the moving car and into the battlefield. Jian pulled the fan out to reveal her long wavy hair. She went into her battle stance and waited.


 "You are not my target." The girl said as she looked around. I took Shizuka and ducked under the windows, hidden from the girl’s sight.


 "Target located. Kill mode activated." That was the last thing I heard before battle cries and blows being hit.


 "Anima of the Opposers, think of what you are doing?!" Jian screamed. The intense battle carried on, while shaking the whole Ferris wheel.


Shizuka struggled to get out of my arms. I knew she couldn’t stand being on the sidelines while Jian was fighting.


 "Shizuka! You have to calm down! She’ll be fine! All we can do is wait."


 The sounds from the battle grew thunderous. I held her tightly knowing that was all I could do. She continued to cry copiously.


 The noise ended, and soon after Jian hopped onto our car. "She’s gone. Thank you for protecting her." Jian was stained with blood all over her clothes.


 I turned Shizuka towards me and kissed her avidly. "Don’t worry about anything. Jian is here, you’re safe now." She slowly stood up and fell into Jian’s arms. Jian picked her up and held her tightly in her arms. They both vanished into thin air.


 This was the worst date ever. I couldn’t even stop my girlfriend from crying.


 I’m such a pathetic guy.



© 2011 Ryoga


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Stellar and moving a well guarded piece, loving and processed, great read

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Added on May 1, 2011
Last Updated on May 1, 2011


Author

Ryoga
Ryoga

Bladensburg, MD



About
I'm a hopeful writer and hopeless romantic. My writing started only as a hobby. It became a joy for me when realized that I liked my versions of romance. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Ryoga


2 2

A Chapter by Ryoga


3 3

A Chapter by Ryoga