Chapter 3 - The Arrival

Chapter 3 - The Arrival

A Chapter by Sabby
"

2lazy2writedissosorry

"

 

I woke up to a forest, the trees tall and forbidding, as though they were looking down on me and saying, ‘you’ll never escape’. I shivered, probably they were right. I didn’t know where I was. There were no insects here, like one would expect in a forest. The forest itself seemed lifeless, and the place was so dark and foggy that I couldn’t see the trees ahead of me. Was I in the place that the man mentioned? The Hunt? It didn’t seem to be a name of a place though. And he had mentioned that there were no such things as friends here…what could he mean? I stood up and started walking, and it wasn’t long before I heard a voice. Why would someone be talking to themselves in a forest? I hid behind a tree, not wanting to be seen by that person if he were to be the man that had captured me and possibly brought me to this place. The source of the voice passed by, and I saw that it was a boy. He was a year or two younger than me, but he looked stronger than me with his muscles. I walked towards him, wanting to talk to him, but suddenly, I heard a shout and the boy began running. Not knowing what else to do, I ran to a tree nearby, hiding behind it and peeking out. The boy had tripped and a man was standing over him, a wrench in his hand. The man was laughing and chanting what seemed to be the word ‘meat’ over and over again as he hit the boy’s head with the wrench. I cringed, wanting to cry. I stood up slowly, and started walking away. I thought I was going to be safe as the fog would limit his vision…until I stepped on a twig. The twig broke in half with a very loud ‘snap’, and to me, it was so loud…so, so loud that the sound echoed around the forest. Panicking, I stopped in my tracks and slowly lay down on the ground, perhaps I might be able to hide myself. I rolled to a nearby land of grass that was there conveniently. I could hear the man’s footsteps as he walked to the place where I had just been seconds ago. He looked around and sighed. “Damn…whoever it was must’ve gotten away,” he said. I frowned - it could have been an animal, why did he say it in such a way as though he knew it was a human? Unless…was the forest really lifeless? Were the only living beings in this forest…humans? The man left and I sighed, relieved. I slowly stood up, careful not to make any noise. This time, I watched my step and slowly walked away from the place where the man had killed the boy.



© 2016 Sabby


Author's Note

Sabby
There's another book coming after this!!~~ (And yes, I'm finished with this one, just working on posting it here) HINT: The next one will be about vampires!~~~~~

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on March 7, 2016
Last Updated on March 7, 2016


Author

Sabby
Sabby

Malaysia



About
I started writing in 2014, and got brave enough to post them on websites in 2015~ I was busy with exams and stuff for a few years but now I'm back~ And before writing new stories, I'll be re-reading o.. more..

Writing
Imagine Imagine

A Story by Sabby


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Sabby


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Sabby