Chapter 6 - Amnesia and the End

Chapter 6 - Amnesia and the End

A Chapter by Sabby
"

2lazy2writedissosorry

"

I woke up, feeling something sticky slide down my forehead, and my hand reached up to touch it. I looked at the red liquid in my hands, and felt slightly sick when I realized it was blood. I stood up slowly, feeling dazed. I looked around, confused, and felt threatened. Instinct was calling out, telling me to run, as fast as I can, as far as I can…and I did. Still running, I began to question myself, mind full of panic. Where was I? Why was I running? Who �"or what�" was I running from? And most important of all…Who am I? Ah, a cave! I squeezed inside, hoping that it would be safe enough for me to sort my thoughts. I ran in deeper, thinking that the deeper I was, the safer I would be. I sat down behind a large rock, sobbing a little. Why was I here? Do I have a home? Was I abandoned? Just then, I heard a person’s voice �" possibly a man’s �" calling out. “Come out, come out, wherever you are,” the person said in a singsong tone. There was a slight hint of a snigger in his voice, and I shivered slightly before pushing it to the back of my mind. I smiled gratefully, stepping out from behind the rock.“Help! I’m here! Save me!” I shouted. The light came closer and closer and I smiled, thinking I was saved. But I wasn’t. I knew that as soon as I felt a lead pipe smash into my head…and all I could see…was darkness.

Thirty Minutes Later

A phone began to ring in the living room as Mrs.Delvis was putting the cookies she had made in the oven. She sighed, hurrying to set the oven time before entering the living room to pick up the call. “Yes?”Mrs.Delvis said, her mind wandering off to the cookies. She probably had put a bit too much sugar.“Is this Melanie Delvis?” a voice said. “Yes, that’s me.” Mrs.Delvis said, feeling slightly nervous now. Instinct told her that it was bad news that the voice carried, but she knew she had to hope for the best. However, the things that the voice said next crushed her immediately. “I’m extremely sorry to say that this is the police. Your daughter was found dead in a forest twenty minutes ago. Our forensics tests showed that your daughter was smoking heroin during the time of her death. Our guesses are that she hallucinated and ended up killing herself using a sharp stone that was found within her right hand. Although I must say that the way she killed herself was extremely odd. She hit herself with the sharp stone, not from the top, but rather, the forehead. But I guess you can’t expect much from a girl who was smoking heroin. But Mrs.Delvis, did you have any idea that your daughter was smoking heroin?” the police said. “Well, n-no. Not a clue. I never suspected that she would do such a thing. She’s a great daughter, helps out with the chores, she would never turn to drugs,” Mrs.Delvis stated, her voice shaking. “But she did,” the police said grimly.  And with that, the call was ended and Mrs.Delvis broke into sobs.

    “Katherine, Katherine!!” a male voice said, and Mrs.Delvis felt herself being shaken by the shoulder. She opened her eyes to her husband, with a concerned look on his face. She sobbed once more, and looked at her husband, about to break into an uncontrollable breakdown. She tried her best to control herself, and choked out the words. “O-our daughter is dead.” Her husband looked at her weirdly. “Our daughter died five years ago, Katy. You changed your name, remember?” he said, his eyes clouded with sadness. She looked at him, shocked. “W-what?” she said. Her husband didn’t answer, he just stood up and left. Mrs.Delvis stood up shakily, and went to the kitchen. But just then, the familiar “Ting!” of the oven was heard. She opened it, and saw the exact same cookies she had made supposedly five years ago. She put on a cooking glove nearby and picked up one of the cookies. She took a bite, and it tasted a little too sweet. It was like the same amount of sugar she had put into the cookies…five years ago. She sighed, and went to sleep.

   “My wife’s condition is not improving!” Mr.Delvis shouted at the doctor. “Look, its not my fault that she ended up like this, okay?! Who knew she’d try to kill herself and end up with memory that lasts for only six hours!” the doctor yelled. “Sorry…” Mr.Delvis said, leaving the doctor’s office. He lost his temper once in a while, but it was hard living life after his wife got into her current…condition. Five years ago, on the day that their daughter died, Mrs.Delvies had thrown herself in front of a passing car in an attempt to suicide. She survived the accident but now faced a terrible condition: She could only remember things that happened to her after the accident for six hours. Her condition made it hard for strangers to get to know her, and she remained the same throughout the years �" sad. Sad when she remembered that her daughter was dead. Sad when she remembered what the police said. Mr.Delvis wanted to give up, and sometimes even he wondered about the reason of his wife surviving her attempted suicide…when he finally realized. They were supposed to die together. If he had realized this years ago, he wouldn’t have had to suffer. He had been so dumb, do ignorant to what fate really had in store for them. And so, reaching his house, he brought his wife to the apartment nearby and they went to the roof and were soon standing on the edge. He smiled at his wife, and for a flittering moment he saw his daughter, looking at him and nodding with approval. On a count of three, the two of them jumped off together, and soon landed on the ground with a loud, sickening splat.



© 2016 Sabby


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on March 7, 2016
Last Updated on March 7, 2016


Author

Sabby
Sabby

Malaysia



About
I started writing in 2014, and got brave enough to post them on websites in 2015~ I was busy with exams and stuff for a few years but now I'm back~ And before writing new stories, I'll be re-reading o.. more..

Writing
Imagine Imagine

A Story by Sabby


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Sabby


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Sabby





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5