Am i truly alone

Am i truly alone

A Chapter by Sam.s.
"

Chapter 1

"

It stopped the ringing in my ears I blink and I see the stars they are so bright for just a minute there was complete silence and I felt so alone so cold. Suddenly I hear a car horn and my eyes open as I gasp for air there are two men by my side moving so fast putting things around my face and I look at one of them I look at his face I see his lips moving but I can’t hear what he is saying, all I hear is ringing. I look to my right and there is where I see my families car turned upside down crushed so much it looks flat. My eyes search for my family all I wanted was one glimpse of them of any of them, that is when I see something hanging outside of the cars window as I look closer I see it’s an arm a small arm the same arm that was around me just hours before the same arm that belonged to my brother.

 At that point I turn my head back to the men trying to consume what has happened. I focus on their lips trying to figure out what they are saying finally I just put my hands up and signed Sky. One of the men put his hands up and signed to me to stay still. I do what he asks they pick me up and wheel me to the ambulance and that is when I take one last look at our car and as I do one tear falls to the ground like a dripping sink that is when I know this will be the last time I would ever see my family dead or alive.

After that one tear there was nothing I shut down I looked up at the sealing going through everything that day. Lost in memories I felt pain throughout my body but I didn’t care I just looked up and wondered why. I went back to the last few moments I had left with my family trying to remember if I said anything mean or if we had a fight but all I could remember is when my mom screamed John.  The last thing I saw was her face I saw horror sorrow regret and love. I see a hand wave in front of my face and I turn to see who it was he looked at me and smiled and signed Hello, and asked if I felt pain anywhere. That is when I realized the pain when I could barley and I just looked at him trying not to scream all I did is stare straight into his eyes.

Suddenly I stop breathing my heart stops but I can still see his face, I fight to stay awake to stay alive.  We stop and the doors fly open a rush of light engulfs me and I’m taken out of the ambulance the men rushing me yelling to the doctors things like my BP levels and blood loss. I’m wheeled into a room with bright lights and doctors everywhere something is put over my mouth and I close my eyes and all I see is my mother’s face. I can’t look away I can’t move I hear her scream, then I hear nothing but crickets in the night and all I see are stars.

I wake to the beeping sounds of my heat as I open my eyes I see a room empty and a girl with no family I turn my heads towards the door as someone knocks and for one second I hoped it was my family thinking it was all just a dream until it all came back and I fight off the panic attack building in my stomach. The door opens and a nurse comes in she has short curly blond hair and a smile on her face as big as the moon it seems, she sees that I am awake and says

“Good morning honey you’ve been out for a while, how are you feeling.”

I look at her and I open my mouth wanting to say so many things and ask a million questions, but the words stop at my throat and only a squeak comes out. She looks at me and smiles explaining,

“It’s ok honey you don’t have to talk to me, but that don’t mean I’m goin to stop talking to you.”

She laughs and pours me a glass of water. I reach out my hand and garb the table and pull it towards me I try to pick it up but my fingers protest and curve only slightly, so I move forward and sip out of the straw I lay back the door clicks shut and the nurse is gone I look at the clock I see its noon on the dot. Looking at the clock I wondered at what time was it when I became an orphan. I think for a second and realize I am 19 so I’m not really an orphan but it sure did feel like it.

After a few hours I got bored sitting in bed watching reruns of old TV shows that were made before I was even born, so I sit up and turn my body to the right letting my legs hang over the edge of the bed I pull the machine that was attached to my hand closer grabbing the cool metal rod and scooted to the end of the bed until my feet touched the ground. The floor was so cold to a point I lifted my feet up at lightning speed sending a tingle up my spine. I took a breath and put my feet back down I leaned forward to see if my legs would hold me up and it seemed they would, I slowly put more pressure on my legs and stood up I just stood there for a minute or two then I started to move my left leg then right trying to keep my balance. I move forward toward the window which seems so far when you can barely walk, but just as I was going to reach the window a knock comes from the door and I hear as it squeaks open and I look to see who it is. The sun glares in thought he window obstructing my view making me squint my eyes, as the light dims around the stranger an outline appears and a black suit is all I can make out.



© 2016 Sam.s.


Author's Note

Sam.s.
Ignore grammar and punctuation please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on May 5, 2016
Last Updated on May 5, 2016


Author

Sam.s.
Sam.s.

Preston, North West, United Kingdom



About
One moment and this idiot decides to write.... oh well lets see how this turns out. Diversity and ambiguous moral conflicts are my drugs. more..

Writing
Survival Survival

A Story by Sam.s.