Am i truly alone

Am i truly alone

A Chapter by Sam.s.
"

chapter 3 and 4

"

Ch. 3

            We are driving past the ocean now the evening sun is setting causing the ocean to sparkle like diamonds. I can hear the waves crashing against the rock walls crying, forcing, demanding more space. Then the salty smell hits me and I close my eyes and try to picture the crisp watery air after a wave hits the cliff to see something so beautiful and know that underneath are dangers beyond compare.

I see now that everything has a dark side or dark events that happen in their life and some are more tragic then others. We round curve after curve I await to see what’s at the next bend only to find another bend up a head after awhile I just closed my eyes and laid my head back I hear the waves crashing and the sweet salty smell of the ocean.

            “I’m on a cliff surrounded by water wave after wave crashing against me I smile I look beyond the waves to the edge of the horizon. I feel safe until a massive wave hits the cliff on all sides breaking the soil and rocks from its core  I’m left with is small oddly shaped I have no way out I’m stuck my heart beats a hundred miles a minute. I panic and try to scream for help but nothing comes out so I stop and that’s when a wave 40 ft high comes towards me building with every inch. It’s closer and closer than before my brain screams run but I can’t I just look at the wave and wait. It’s not long until I feel the water on my face and then it’s here ready to pounce cascading over me ready to fall down, down. Air from my lungs escape I gasp for more when…”

EEEHHH BOOM!

            I jolt up gasping for air I’m in a panic until I realize I’m in a car a limo and all is well. Charles is at my door holding it open waiting for me to exit. I pull myself together and put my legs out ready to see where I am. The sun shines in my eyes so I put my hand up to shield my eyes and try to see my surroundings to my amazement a mansion with rows of windows that go on forever, a brick of red and gray covers every inch excepts for the door which is a giant oak door but dark keeping the house looking mysterious or haunted.

 Vines cascade up each side engulfing the house trying to win the battle between manmade and nature. I hear my name and I snap back to reality its Charles he’s holding the paper looking suit case to his side waiting for me to advance my way to the door but as we get closer the door opens and a man walks out I look up and I can’t help but recognize him I know him from somewhere I swear I do.

Ch. 4

            I look in to the eyes of this man he stops at the last step motionless waiting for me to make the first move. I try to see his face better but the sun shines behind him shadowing his face. The shadow makes him look vulnerable and somewhat evil it confuses me. The first move goes to Charles he picks the paper suit case up and walk up the stairs inside he stops next to the man and words are exchanged. The man steps down and motions me forward at that moment I realize I’m suffocating myself I release my breath and I become light headed but I stand firm. I open my mouth and squeak a mouse like sound comes out as I try to say my name. But then in that moment the man speaks it’s so hard with a soft under tone to it that I somewhat jump in surprise

“Please come in I have been awaiting your arrival I hope the drive was pleasant.” The man says with a daze in his eyes

I move closer to him and start to ascend the front steps out of habit I look down and surprised to see old white marble steps with grey and brown flecks with every so often a crack creeping up words towards the door looking for a way in hoping to gain entre.  I become embarrassed because I realize I have been standing here for a couple of minutes just looking at the steps I look over my shoulder and see him staring at me. But this time his head is tilted to the side and a smile or maybe a smirk on his face.

 I get inside and it’s like a dream a giant chandelier hangs from the ceiling a stair case that ascends up two sides. Everything so white I’m afraid of touching anything for I might damage it. I hear the door click shut and I look back and their he is just looking at me. I get up the courage to ask his name but my insides are about to jump to my throat causing the words to come out erratic and uneven in pitch.

“Um I’m Sky and who might you be? I saw with a quiver

“I am Dyson, Dyson Williams and I hope you enjoy your stay here.” He exclaims in an uninterested tone

He starts to walk away and I jerk forward,

“Wait I um I kinda am wondering why you are doing this, did you know my parents or something are we related?” I saw questioningly

He looks at my face and his eyes look fierce but sorrow engulf them quickly then as soon as the sorrow appeared it was gone and his uninterested face came back and all he did was motion me toward the stair case were the trusty old butler Charles stands awaiting for me to etch forward. I take one more look at the man who says his name is Dyson, I turn back to the stair case and move towards Charles and follow him up the stairs. I look at the wall as I go up and it feels so in personal no pictures of people or his life just paintings with dark expressions and colors. We keep walking and I almost bump into Charles as he stops abruptly he turns his head to me and turns the knob I look inside and I gasp unable to avert my eyes from the room I am seeing.

I walked forward inside the room was massive the whole wall across from me was glass letting the sun shine in to engulf the space. To my surprise the room was filled with things of purple and black my favorite colors. The bed was extraordinary large with bedding and pillows ready to be used, drapes drop down from the ceiling giving it a renaissance feeling. Everything looked new even the walls for the air smelt like paint. I turn around only to find the doorway empty except for the paper red suitcase ready to be put in its place. I grab it and close the door I move to the bed laying the suitcase down on the floor pushing it underneath. I sit and the comfort of the room and bed move me to sleep my body begs me, commands me to do so, I give in to the slumber but the dreams I hoped for never come only the nightmares of that night. But this dream was different somehow.

I see something, something new a face but its to far away to see it clearly it looks so familiar I try to reach for it I strive for it for an answer I cant wait I see it I see him a man, a man I know a familiar face, a volt of pain engulfs me so much pain I scream out. I look down and darkness starts to engulf me but all I want is to see this face his face but only his eyes are seen through the darkness, the blue piercing eyes.



© 2016 Sam.s.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on May 5, 2016
Last Updated on May 5, 2016


Author

Sam.s.
Sam.s.

Preston, North West, United Kingdom



About
One moment and this idiot decides to write.... oh well lets see how this turns out. Diversity and ambiguous moral conflicts are my drugs. more..

Writing
Survival Survival

A Story by Sam.s.