Am i truly alone

Am i truly alone

A Chapter by Sam.s.
"

chapter 2

"

I turned to see who it was and saw a man dressed in black and white. He wore white gloves and held them in front of him collapsed together. His face was of an old man wrinkles covered his face in a rugged kinda way. When I looked into his green eyes I see nothing no happiness or joy not even sorrow. No smile covers his face or frown it’s just a line formed to look solid unreadable. I stare looking at him wondering why he is here. He moves his left hand up to his jacket fold and his hand disappears for a brief moment only to return with a red envelope. He glides towards me and he holds his left hand out I hesitate to retrieve the letter unsure of what It could hold inside. I jerk my hand out words and grab the letter it was so fast like a mighty python striking an enemy. I surprise myself and almost say I’m sorry but I hold my tongue.

I turn the red envelope over and see my name in the most beautiful cursive I have ever seen I lift the triangle point and slowly move up words trying so hard not to ruin the envelope. I grab the fine folded piece of paper from the envelope and as I open it a flowery smell goes through the air. It reminds me of my last vacation to the grand gardens of Lithuania. The memory saddens me for now all I see is my parents faces I glance back down to my letter and continue reading when I get to the end I am shocked and confused I look up at the old man and stare at him in a questioning face. I almost jump when he speaks to me 

“I am Charles my lady I have been ordered to retrieve you and your belongings” he says

Shocked and unsure of who order him to retrieve me as though I am a package not a person I ask,

 “Were are you to take me Charles, I do not have any family left and I do not have friends.”

Charles speaks softly with a hint of an accent stating,

“I am to take you to my master’s house in Black Silk he is awaiting your arrival.”

I am still confused on who this master is and so I ask

 “And who might be your master?” 

The old man just looks at me and then turns to leave before he exits the hospital room he turns and says,

“I will be back with your discharge papers and I would hope you get dressed, we shall be leaving within the hour.”

The mysterious Charles leaves the room like he was never their I turn back to the window and close my eyes I breath slowly letting my lungs fill with the sweet air that is coming through the window my body eases with each breath in and out slowly I open my eyes and when I do in the corner of my eye I see the red envelope with my name on it and I knew my life would get better or at least I hoped so.

            I get up from my plastic bed and walk over to the closet I open it up expecting to see some cloths for me but all I saw were hospital gowns and extra sheets. I hear the door squeak open I turned around to see who it was but all I saw was a hand with a white cotton glove set a suit case down on the floor then slowly retreat his hand and closed the door I walked over and picked up the suit case it was a red plastic one with fake buttons. I can’t help to smile if a man has a butler I would think he could buy a better suitcase or at least one that kindergarten kids can’t make in school with glue and paper.

I click the two latches on each corner and it pops open with ease I look inside and I find an assortment of cloths from denim jeans to a bright yellow summer dress. I take the jeans out and of course they are two sizes to big I go through the rest of the cloths and to my dismay the only thing that fits is the yellow sun dress. I put it on and I can feel it fit tightly to my body. I had no shoes and there wasn’t any in the suit case. I put the rest of the cloths back in the suit case and grab the wooden handle and walk towards the door. I don’t look back for the fear that this is all just a dream that I could be hallucinating.

I know I don’t know this guy Charles or his master but I have no one anymore the thought that someone out their wants me makes me feel better. I open the hospital door and walk out into the hallway and to my right was the old butler Charles awaiting my arrival.

“My lady I hope the cloths were to your liking.” Exclaimed Charles

I exhale loudly and put a fake smile on my face and say,

“They were a bit big but I managed just fine and please Charles call me Sky.”

He grabs the suit case from my hand and motions me toward the exit she exclaims,

“The car awaits us out front.”

We walk out of the hospital doors into the bright sunny day and right in front is a black limo that stretches for miles or so it seems I haven’t been in a limo before and I was kind of excited. We get closer to the car when a swish of wind catches my dress making it flip through the air showing off my underwear every few seconds making me feel vulnerable. I only ever wore a dress for very special events and even then it felt awkward, I pull my hem line downward trying to tame the dress as it flows wildly in the air. Charles opens the door for me and before I sit inside I vow I will never set foot in a hospital again. 



© 2016 Sam.s.


Author's Note

Sam.s.
Ignore grammar and punctuation please, this is my first attempt at a book!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on May 5, 2016
Last Updated on May 5, 2016


Author

Sam.s.
Sam.s.

Preston, North West, United Kingdom



About
One moment and this idiot decides to write.... oh well lets see how this turns out. Diversity and ambiguous moral conflicts are my drugs. more..

Writing
Survival Survival

A Story by Sam.s.