Am i truly alone

Am i truly alone

A Chapter by Sam.s.
"

chapter 6

"

Ch. 6

As I see Dyson leave a tear swells down my cheek my hands clasp together and find their way to my chest. I hold myself trying to get comfort then a hand collapses my shoulder and a voice comes from behind.

“My lady please come inside you are not decent.” I look down and notice my attire  “I know what can cheer you up lets go shopping I think it would do you some good my lady.” Charles says in a comforting voice.

I turn around and look into is eyes and I can see remorse but I don’t know why he would feel that way towards me. We go back inside and I head back up to my room and change my cloths which didn’t fit quit right. I look around but I still don’t see any shoes so I just whirl my shall onto my shoulders and head back down stairs.

“Hey Charles would you have some shoes I could use I can’t find any in my room?” I ask as I slither down the stairs.

I look up and theirs Charles holding a pair of white silk slippers I gasp at how beautiful they are I bring my hand to my chest and say

“Charles they are beautiful I couldn’t wear those I could get them dirty or worse rune them.”

“Oh my lady.” Charles starts

Charles please call me Sky it sounds weird when you call me my lady, plus it makes me feel old.

“As you wish but you need not worry about these slippers the master would not mind he can always buy more so please do not fret.”

In those few words I saw how old Charles really was and how much a gentleman he was too. Even though when I first met him he felt cold and distant. I can see now he cares and that just made me smile with glee. I walk to Charles and to my surprise he kneels down and puts them on of course I don’t what’s the word he used oh yes fret. It felt weird but I know this is what Charles does for a living and he knows I would never ask him to do such a thing. Its weird but when I see Dyson I see a little bit of Charles their hiding behind his eyes. Charles rises and he extends his arm out pointing my way to the door, and I motion to it and as I leave I feel… like I’m home.

I get into the limo of a car and we head out I ask Charles to sit in back with me for its to lonely in the back and without hesitation he does. I stare out the window as we pass the ocean and the dream comes back to me in a flash of pictures and I cant help but look away closing my eyes to rid my self of the images of the memory. I feel a hand on my mine and I open my eyes to find Charles patting it with care as if knowing what I was thinking. I smile at him and I know he would always be their job or not we had just became friends and I hoped it would last forever.

The limo comes to a stop and Charles exits first then leans in with a hand extended. I grab his hand as I step out and right in front of me are top brand stores I cant help but question if I should really buy anything, Dyson has done so much for me already I felt guilty and Charles must have read my mind for he grabs my hand and says.

“My dear Sky do not fret master Dyson has plenty of money and he would be delighted to know someone is spending it, and did he not say to get some new cloths, master Dyson never says anything he doesn’t mean my dear.”

Charles cups my chin and gives me a wink and in that moment we burst out laughing. I collapse my arm with his and we enter the store. At first the sales people just look at me size me up I guess is what you call it. They look away like I don’t madder and I just glance at Charles, He clears his throat and the attention is back on us.

“Excuse me but we intended to buy some cloths here lots of cloths in fact but if you don’t want our money then well go else were.” Charles states

A busty woman with flowing red hair advances towards us and for a moment I thought she might ask us to leave. But she smiles at Charles and says

“Well hello darling long time no see, I’m sorry for the wait these sales people have no brains these days.” she chuckles with ease “How’s Dyson doing, good I hope.”

She motions us to a couched area and Charles sits the red headed girl turns to me.

“Arighty dear lets get u fixed up, oh were going to have some fun are your ready?” she says in and ecstatic tone.

I put on so many cloths I fell I’ve tried on the whole store after hours of shopping Charles and I were ready to go home.

We head back to the car and all the sales people in the store helped carry out my bags I thought the trail if bags and boxes would never stop, in that moment the scene from pretty women enters my mind and I can’t help but laugh. I never was a girly shopper before just give me some jeans and a tee and I’m set. I never shopped this much with my mom even though she tried to get me to go. All the bags somehow fit in the trunk I don’t see how it was possible. 

Charles enters the car with a box in his hands he opens the lid and motions down to my feet he takes off my silk slipper and puts the most beautiful shoe on I ever saw it sparkled like a million stars glistening in the sky. He slides them on my feet and says

“Their a perfect fit, we’ve found our princess.”

The days fly by and I find my self-waking to Friday and for a moment I’m absolutely happy.  I don’t remember the accident or seeing my brother’s lifeless hand all I remember is Dyson’s face his ocean blue eyes and Charles kind smile as we talk. But my sleepy haze slowly clears and the memories engulf me consumes me and I start to feel guilty for being happy. In that moment I hear a car door slam shut and I run to the window and there was Dyson he looked 20 years older and ready to collapse from his sorrows. I throw some cloths on and rush down stairs I open the door.

 Dyson is slumped over shoulders falling towards the ground dragging his feet eyes shot and a stench of alcohol surrounds him and that’s when I see how really tired he was I go to his side and I don’t think he even realized I was their which made me concerned and worried. I put his arm around my shoulder and help him inside I shut the door with my foot and yell for Charles.

He scampers to my aid and helps me drag Dyson up the long cascading stairs. We get him to his room and into bed I turn to Charles and ask,

“Will you go get me some orange juice please?”

Charles rushes out of the room and I start to take Dyson’s shoes off then I socks moving up to his coat and tie. I was deciding if I should go further but just then Charles enters with the juice and I grab it from him. I sit next to Dyson and lift his head up and whisper in his ear. He opens his eyes a twitch and I put the cup to his lips he drinks almost all of it and then I lay him back down. I pull the blankets up to his chest and cress his forehead my fingers softly brush his hair.

“Charles lets let him sleep he is exhausted.” I exclaim

Charles looks at Dyson then at me and nods his head. I am filled with worried and thoughts so I head to the garden i look around for a good spot to plant some roses. The gardener Huan comes up to me and gives me some good spots to plant, I send him out to get some plants and rose seeds. I dig and plant until dinnertime but my hopes that Dyson would be their left my mind fast for I knew that he was way to hung over and tired to be up. But to my amazement he is sitting at the head of the table with a phone to his ear.

I was about to speak but resond against it, I put my gloves down on a side table and head into the kitchen I wash my hands and help Charles with dinner. I carry out two dishes and sit down I start to put food on Dyson’s plate and he actually stops his conversation and looks at me with a tilt to his head and raised eye brows. I just look into his eyes and smiles and Charles brings the rest of the food out. I continue plating that’s when Dyson hangs up the phone and places it on the table.

He looks at me like I’m a mysterious object he wants to investigate. I catch his eye and smile placing my hand on my fork ready to devour the meal. I begin to eat not noticing Dyson just evaluating me. With his cheek in his palm head tilted he look like a child trying to figure out what something is. With a mouth full of food I say,

“Dyson you need to eat and you’re kinda creeping me out staring at me.”

He whips back into reality and clears his throat realizing how awkward it was now. I laugh to ease the tension and touched his hand in comfort. His left dimple lifts a inch then retreats back to its motionless position.  Dyson eats slowly obviously something was weighing on his mind and I wish I could take all his stress away to be able to make him happy.

As dinner comes to an end Charles enters to retrieve the plates and left over food. Dyson starts to inch up looking like he’s ready to dash to safety. I stop him and he sits back down. I run to the other room and grab a box. I come back quickly excited for Dyson’s reaction. I hand him the box and watch as he slowly opens it. Tearing each corner gently trying not to ruin the wrapping paper. He gets the box open and pushes the paper aside and there is purple and black striped tie and a purple hanker chief with his initials on it.

I see his eyes glow with happiness but that’s the only place I see a reaction almost crushed Dyson says

“Thank you Sky they are… um … I like them…. Thank you.”

He gets up and leaves the room I was kinda mad and something else I don’t quite know what. I tried hard to get something he would like and I hide it from Charles to which was not easy one bit. But for the little glimmer in his eyes I would do it all again.

I leave the dinning room and head to the washing room I put my cloths in and start to hand wash Dyson’s cloths from earlier. I go threw the pockets empting them out. When I take my hand out of his jacket pocket a white powder coats my hand. A memory comes to mind and I remember the conversation I had with my older brother Kyle.

“Sky please I need the money ill pay you back I swear, please just trust me please? Kyle pleads through the phone.

 Uhhh fine but I’m trusting you not just with my money and your promise to pay me back but as my brother who I love. Don’t let me down ok I’m the only one left who still believes in you and your word. Kyle tries to reassure me by saying,

“Don’t worry so much sis ill see you later tell the folks I’m at Luke’s ok and will be back Sunday.”

“Kyle you know I don’t like lying to mom and dad.” I say in protest

Kyle exhales and says in a husky annoyed voice,

“Come on Sky don’t be one of those sisters ok, love ya k see u around.”

After I gave him the money I didn’t hear from him for a while but that wasn’t uncommon for my brother. The phone rings and my mom answers, I ask who it is and I hear her crying and screaming,

“Wha what oh my god no please god no”

Scared I ask mom what’s wrong all my mom can get out is,

“He’s ohh He’s gone.’ What who’s gone mom “Kyle he’s dead.”

This memory flashes though my mind like it was yesterday. This was one of the most horrific days of my life or at least I thought it was. I snap back to reality as I hear Charlie calling my name,

“Sky where are you my child Dyson’s asking for you.’

I put the coat down and wash my hand off and head up stairs to Dyson’s study. With images words memories jumbling consuming my brain. I enter the study with a knock and slowly enter, my heart beating so fast I feel dizzy. I look up to see Dyson’s face but I only saw him but he’s dead it can’t be Kyle.

I gasp and violently close my eyes swishing my head back and forth.

“Sky what’s wrong are you ok?” Dyson says while rushing to my side

He grabs my arms I open my eyes and Kyle’s face is gone and Dyson's remains. I find my words and say,

“I’m… I’m fine just a bit dizzy is all, I’ll be fine I must have eaten too much.”

Dyson moves me to the couch and we sit he looks into my eyes and sweeps a hair from my face and places it behind my ear. But then he slowly removes is hand from my face and folds them in his lap.

“Sky are you.. Are you happy here?” Dyson asks questionably

I open my eyes wide and burst out my response

“Yes of course I do, I sometimes even feel this is home and I’m so grateful, why is there something wrong do you not want me here anymore.” I say with a confused look on my face.

“What no I’m delighted you’re here and that won’t change don’t you worry ok I just wanted to make sure your happy that’s all I want.” Dyson says with care in his tone and eyes

I smile but the memory of Kyle and what I found in Dyson’s pocket are making me dizzy and nauseous. I want to ask him what that was I want him to say it was just sugar flour or something other than what it is. What I know it is and what I dread it is.



© 2016 Sam.s.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on May 5, 2016
Last Updated on May 5, 2016


Author

Sam.s.
Sam.s.

Preston, North West, United Kingdom



About
One moment and this idiot decides to write.... oh well lets see how this turns out. Diversity and ambiguous moral conflicts are my drugs. more..

Writing
Survival Survival

A Story by Sam.s.