Back Inside

Back Inside

A Chapter by Star Catcher
"

This is completely the writing of my friend. Short, but vital. Glide and company get some much-needed information.

"

 

“Dark priest robes.” Lujuria said, handing the robes out. “We can use them to sneak back into the fortress, and with any luck, we’ll hear where the Dark Lords are.”

“Lujuria, you’re a f****n’ genius.” Glide smirked, putting on his robe. “I didn’t know you had it in you.”

“I try my best.” Lujuria replied, smoothing out the wrinkles in his own robe.

 

...

 

With the robes on, the intrepid group was able to slip back into the fortress with little difficulty. “Thank god the guards are idiots...” Glide muttered, sneaking through the halls and approaching the throne room. “Otherwise, this would be... really hard.”

A group of Barghest passed them on the way in, not bothering to give them a second glance as they marched, single file, down the hall.

Senshi lounged lazily on his throne, a visor over his eyes and a pair of gloves covering his clawed hands. Niqi could see circuitry running across the gloves, glowing slightly as Senshi’s hands moved. “What’s he doing?” She whispered, nudging Glide.

“Signing orders, probably.” The Varixian responded. “Digital dictator.”

Andra entered the throne room from the other hall, shoving a Barghest out of her way. “Senshi, you have yet to deliver on your promise. You said I would get to feed on a goddess by the end of the month. In case you forgot, that’s four days from now, and I haven’t tasted even a demigod’s blood.”

“It’s your own fault.” Senshi stated, pulling his visor up. “I had it in the holding cell. You should’ve just ate it then and there.”

“I couldn’t!” Andra snapped. “It must be done while all four moons shine, during the ceremony of Kurau, with my brothers and our father.”

“Fine.” Senshi growled, yanking the visor off completely. “We’ll catch them again, and next time, I’ll throw the mortals in the Glutton Worm pit and give you the goddess.”

Andra chittered angrily, turning to leave. “Forget it. Concentrate on capturing the goddess. If you catch her before the end of the month, bring her to the ruined temple in the mountains. If you don’t catch her…I’d advise suicide.”

“Come on.” Glide breathed. “We’ve got what we need.”

Trying not to draw attention to themselves, they slowly, quietly exited the throne room.



© 2008 Star Catcher


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KEi
Why did I never review this?

o.O

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 17, 2008
Last Updated on April 17, 2008


Author

Star Catcher
Star Catcher

CT



About
I write. I enjoy it. I have so many ideas just waiting to be formed and organized. Some day, you will see a book with my name on it. more..

Writing
The New Girl The New Girl

A Chapter by Star Catcher