Checking In

Checking In

A Chapter by Star Catcher
"

This is completely the writing of my friend. The good thing about staying in a hotel on an incredibly run-down world such as Tendou? Nobody's there to charge you.

"

 

“We could spend the night here.” Glide said, pushing open the doors of an old, abandoned hotel. “And, hey, if we’re here longer than four days, we can use this place as our base of operations.”

“I hope the water’s still on.” Niqi muttered, walking past Glide and into the building. “I need a shower after walking through those damn sewers.”

“I’m with you.” Lujuria said, following her inside. “But if it’s not on, I’m just gonna strip down and go to sleep. Sneaking around is surprisingly tiring.”

Belleza walked inside, heading for the doors on the opposite side of the main lobby. “I’ll go see if there’s anything to eat in the kitchen. I hope there’s cabbage…”

“If there is, it’s probably rotten by now.” Shetani said, hopping up and stretching out on the hotel counter, ringing the bell with her foot.

“I’ll go get grandma…” Ambree sighed, following Belleza into the kitchen.

Shetani rang the bell once more before closing her eyes and falling asleep on the counter.

“I guess that leaves me with watch duty.” Glide chuckled, lounging on an old sofa. “Sweet dreams, all. Tomorrow, another battle begins. But this time…it’s just the six of us.”

 

 

After her shower, Niqi explored the floors of the hotel. Though the elevator was all but destroyed, the rest of the building seemed to have aged without much damage. Many of the rooms were still furnished, albeit caked with what must have been years of dust.

I should probably be as close to the lobby as possible, in case anything happens. She thought, descending the stairs again and choosing a room on the second floor. “Hey, Glide, I’m in two-o-four!”

“Okay!” Glide called up the stairs.

She ended up choosing the closest room she could find to the stairs. She stepped inside, closing the door behind her and flicking the light switch. Shrugging to herself, she took a moment to turn the sheets over and the pillowcases inside out. “It may be temporary, but hopefully, our stay here will be, too.” She yawned, laying down and counting the cracks in the ceiling until she fell asleep.

 

 

In the morning, Glide made the rounds in the hotel, knocking on the doors and instructing everyone to meet in the lobby.

Once everyone was in the lobby, Glide awakened Shetani, still laying on the counter. “Okay, everybody, here’s the deal. We’ve all got stuff to do today, and we need to be as efficient as possible when we do it. First off, I’m going to need information. Lujuria, I want you to look around for any books on demons. Any kind of demons. I’m sure these f*****g a******s have an army, and I’d like to know what we’re going to be fighting.”

Lujuria nodded, turning and ascending the stairs. “I’ll try to be as quick as possible.”

“Thanks.” Glide said. “Niqi, I know it’s dangerous, but I want you and Ambree to put the dark priests’ robes back on, go back to the fortress and try to find out where they have your weapons. Remember, your first priority is location, not retrieval. Getting them back is the first phase of our plan, and we’ll need to carry it out right before we head to the temple, so they won’t have much time to react before we’ve slaughtered the Dark Lords and freed Tendou.”

Niqi nodded, heading upstairs to retrieve her robes, Ambree following her after a few moments.

“Belleza, if Lujuria comes down with books, take a few of them and help him find information about the Dark Lords.” Glide said, turning toward the door. “Shetani, let’s move. You and me are gonna do a little recon.”

Shetani nodded, following Glide out the door.



© 2008 Star Catcher


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KEi
:D

I missed this. I missed Glide, and Lujuria, and Ambree and Niqi and... well... everything!

Yes. I'm back, to fangirl more thoroughly than ever before (I hope).

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 18, 2008


Author

Star Catcher
Star Catcher

CT



About
I write. I enjoy it. I have so many ideas just waiting to be formed and organized. Some day, you will see a book with my name on it. more..

Writing
The New Girl The New Girl

A Chapter by Star Catcher