Last Fight

Last Fight

A Chapter by Star Catcher
"

This is completely the writing of my friend.

"

 

“This way.” Glide said, moving through the halls of the temple. “I can feel power ahead.”

“I know. I feel it, too.” Shetani responded. “…I know that scent…Glide, it’s Fafnir!”

Glide snarled, flicking Magus from its sheath. “Where is he?”

Shetani closed her eyes, seeking out the shadowhound. “He’s on your left!”

Glide gripped Magus, drawing it in a flash and slicing Fafnir’s throat as he leapt from the shadows. “Jesus, if I knew it would be that easy, I would’ve hunted him down years ago.”

“Glide, it’s not that–”

“Yeah, whatever, come on.” Glide said, cutting Shetani off. He sheathed Magus, continuing down the hall.

Shetani sighed, opening her eyes and following him. “Fafnir can–”

“Who cares what he can do?” Glide asked. “He’s dead.”

“Resurrect.” Shetani finished.

“Jesus, Mary and Joseph…” Glide muttered, rubbing his temples. “How do we kill something that brings itself back from the dead?”

Shetani shrugged. “How am I supposed to know? I’m not the god of death. Let’s just figure it out after Byakko is dead.”

Glide suddenly drew Magus and spun around, thrusting the blade forward. Fafnir fell to the floor, slain again by the attack. “Stay away, mutt.” Glide growled. “You irritate me.”

“I think he’s going to follow us all the way to Byakko.” Shetani sighed.

“Let him.” Glide replied, grinning. “He’s helping sharpen my reflexes.”

 

 

Glide gripped his shuriken, flicking it forward and knocking an incoming sickle aside. “I guess we’re here!” He smirked, pulling his paws back and catching the shuriken as it returned.

The sickle created sparks as it dragged across the floor, pulled back into the paws of Byakko, the demon lion.

All of the chamber doors were flung open in simultaneously, Niqi, Ambree, Belleza and Lujuria stepping inside. Glide looked around, beginning to twirl the shuriken. “Look, it just turned six-on-one.”

Byakko snarled, raising his chained sickle and flinging it up to the ceiling. The weapon stabbed into the stone, Byakko giving it a rough yank and causing the entire building to shake.

“S**t,” Glide growled, “the b*****d’s knockin’ the place down… Shetani! Get everyone out of here!”

“You won’t have access to my powers.” Shetani pointed out.

“It doesn’t matter.” Glide said. “Worse comes to worst, one for five is a good trade. Go!”

Shetani nodded, darting forward and grabbing Ambree’s wrist. “I need to borrow this.” She said, summoning Ambree’s shield and using it as a barrier between Byakko and the others. “Come on, this way!”

Byakko turned his attention away from Glide, sending his sickle flying toward the barrier. “Hey, I’m your opponent!” Glide snapped, flinging the shuriken forward and using it to knock the sickle out of the air. “Don’t you wanna play!?”

“Fine, you’re first.” Byakko snarled, pulling his sickle back.

Glide hissed softly as he felt Shetani’s powers temporarily leaving him, his strength cut in half. Suddenly Senpuu felt extremely heavy, and the Marionette didn’t want to follow his directions. “Damn, my luck’s runnin’ out… I didn’t think it would be this bad…”

Fafnir’s growling filled the chamber, the shadowhound entering through the one door not blocked off by the shield.

“And now it’s worse.” Glide muttered. “Well, I’m not going out without a fight!” He yelled, launching himself at Byakko and sending him stumbling backwards with a flying kick. As the Varixian boy landed, he yanked Magus from its sheath, brandishing it threateningly. “I hope you’re still willing to listen to me… Magus!”

Glide’s cry echoed throughout the temple. He smirked as the weapon in his paws shuddered, glowing brightly and shifting forms.

Byakko smirked, flinging his sickle at Glide. “Die!”

“You first.” Glide growled, tightening his grip on the weapon’s hilt and knocking the sickle aside. He slid between Byakko’s legs, spinning to bury his blade into the back of the demon lion’s knee.

Fafnir jumped over his master, intent on attacking Glide, though he was stopped in mid-leap by Byakko’s paw. The shadowhound yelped, sent spiraling through the air and into Glide’s arms. “Projectile animals? And I thought you couldn’t get any lower.”

Fafnir stared up at Glide, shock evident on the canine’s face. Glide set him down, grinned, and grasped Senpuu’s hilt.

“Fafnir, attack him!” Byakko commanded, yanking his sickle back by the chain and rising to his feet.

Fafnir bared his fangs, his ears flattening against his skull. He barked at Byakko, standing beside Glide.

“Looks like he doesn’t like you.” Glide smirked, drawing Senpuu and running his paw along the sword. “What have we here…” He murmured, flicking a switch on the pommel of the blade. The weapon roared to life, the teeth lining the edge beginning to move. “…Damn, Kigetski, a chainsaw sword? How f*****g high were you…?” He glanced down at Fafnir. “You might wanna back up.”

Fafnir took a few steps backward, watching his new master confront Byakko.

“Good dog.” Glide said, raising the blade and charging forward, slamming Senpuu down. Byakko leapt backwards, the blade barely missing him and cutting into the floor. “You’re quick for a guy with a sword in his leg.” Glide chuckled, wrenching Senpuu free. “I wonder how quick you’ll be without your leg.”

Fafnir lunged, slamming into Byakko and knocking him to the ground. Growling, he opened his mouth and prepared to finish the demon off.

“Fafnir!” Glide barked. “Heel!”

Fafnir froze for a few seconds, then jumped off of Byakko and trotted over to Glide, standing behind him.

“Thanks for that.” Glide grinned, sheathing Senpuu and taking Fafnir’s place, slamming his elbows repeatedly into Byakko’s jaw. “Fafnir, fetch Magus!”

Fafnir barked, hurrying to grab the weapon from the ground and bring it to his master.

“Thanks.” Glide said, rewarding the shadowhound with a pat on the head and taking the sword. Smirking, the Varixian boy raised the blade and plunged it into Byakko’s throat, giving it a savage twist before yanking it free and sheathing it. He stood up, dusting himself off and taking the slain demon’s kusarigama. As soon as the demon had breathed his last, the temple began to crumble. “Fafnir, come!” Glide yelled, bolting down the hall.

Fafnir obediently followed, keeping in stride with his master.



© 2008 Star Catcher


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

“Projectile animals? And I thought you couldn’t get any lower.”
Ahaha that's great, reminded me of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

so when I read how Glide caught Fafnir in his arms and Fafnir was like, "Ooh, nice new master!" all I could think was that Fafnir has some kind of weird crush on Glide. Even though he's a dog. Weirdness.
Good chapter :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KEi
""Jesus, Mary and Joseph�""
...
Not a phrase I expected him to use...
Actually, no. I should've seen that coming.

Oooh, poppy version of Whistle Down The Wind is actually quite good.

On with the review, then;

Okay, second thoughts, Whistle Down The Wind is far better AFTER fight music than fight music.
Dang.

""Fafnir, come!""
Sewermindsewermindsewermindsewermindsewermind
>.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2008


Author

Star Catcher
Star Catcher

CT



About
I write. I enjoy it. I have so many ideas just waiting to be formed and organized. Some day, you will see a book with my name on it. more..

Writing
The New Girl The New Girl

A Chapter by Star Catcher