Wanted

Wanted

A Chapter by Star Catcher
"

This is completely the writing of my friend.

"

 

“What the f**k is this!?” Glide yelped, tearing a poster from the wall on the way back to the abandoned hotel. “A wanted poster!? He put a price on my head!? Seventy-five billion Bloodnotes…whoa, holy s**t, I’m valuable.”

“You’re going to be slaughtered.” Shetani stated. “Look at the bottom; ‘wanted dead or alive, preferably dead’.”

Glide shrugged, folding the poster up and slipping it into his pocket. “It’s not like anyone here can hurt me. And what’s he gonna do, call Jango Fett on my a*s?”

“I’m sure there are talented bounty hunters here that would love to get their hands on that reward. And look,” Shetani said, gesturing toward the other posters along the wall, “the rest of us are wanted, as well. Senshi seems to be willing to spend a lot of money to have me captured and you all killed.”

“I’ll rip apart any bounty hunter that comes after me.” Glide smirked. “Senshi’s gonna need that seventy-five billion for all the funerals.”

“It would be better to simply save Tendou and leave.” Shetani muttered, pushing open the doors of the abandoned hotel. “For all you know, a sniper could already be aiming at you. We’ll have to hide pretty much all the time while we’re here; the last thing we need is a group of bounty hunters tracking us across the omniverse.”

“I hear that.” Glide said, walking into the hotel behind Shetani. “It’d make our jobs hard and peaceful vacations even harder.”

 

 

“Glide, you wanna explain this?” Niqi asked, holding up two wanted posters – hers and Ambree’s. “A hundred million Bloodnotes each, for our capture or death?”

“Doesn’t matter.” Glide responded. “Did you find out where your weapons are?”

Niqi nodded. “Senshi has the Bloody Doves. A couple of Barghest have the Insecte and Isamashii. And…Andra has the flail.”

Glide went silent for a long moment, starting to pace back and forth in the hotel’s lobby. “…Okay. New plan. If Senshi captures Shetani, he’ll take her to Andra in the ruined temple. He’ll probably bring his guards to try to keep us from getting to her. That way, we’ll have all our weapons in one place.”

“There’s just one problem with that.” Shetani pointed out. “I need to get captured for that to work! I don’t care how fool-proof you think your plan is, I am not going to risk being devoured for your convenience. I’m practically mortal until Byakko loses his grip on this planet. If I get captured, I won’t be able to defend myself, and I’ll be devoured. And if I’m devoured, the Dark Lords gain godhood. And you lose access to my powers.”

“…Let’s go with the old plan.” Glide said. “I like the old plan.”



© 2008 Star Catcher


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KEi
-Three seconds in-
"holy s**t, I'm valuable."
... He only just realised he's pure, unadulterated GOLD?

-Only slightly further in-
"A hundred million Bloodnotes each, for our capture or death?"

"Doesn't matter."

Oh, how nice of him. xD

I adore this stuff.
Just.


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 18, 2008


Author

Star Catcher
Star Catcher

CT



About
I write. I enjoy it. I have so many ideas just waiting to be formed and organized. Some day, you will see a book with my name on it. more..

Writing
The New Girl The New Girl

A Chapter by Star Catcher