Recon

Recon

A Chapter by Star Catcher
"

This is completely the writing of my friend, except for a small bit at the end. As a side note, Isamashii is Niqi's katana.

"

 

“Do you even know the meaning of the word ‘reconnaissance’!?” Shetani growled, leaping backwards to avoid a Barghest’s sword.

“Blow me.” Glide responded, sweeping another Barghest to the ground and driving his knees into its head. “You know it’s more fun when we get caught.”

Shetani rolled her eyes. “Whatever.”

“Here, let me show you something.” Glide smirked, flicking his wrists and summoning a pair of energy spears. “First,” the Varixian said, “I whip it out! Then, I thrust it, with great force!” Turning his attention to another Barghest, he heaved both spears into its chest, then summoned two more. “From every angle, it penetrates!” With a growl, he bounced the spears off the ground, the energy projectiles ricocheting up into the Barghest’s stomach. “Until,” Glide breathed, summoning one more spear, “with great strength, I…” He darted forward, stabbing the spear into the Barghest’s throat. “Ram it in! In the end, we are all satisfied…” He turned and took a few steps away from the Barghest, then raised his paw into the air. “And you are set free.” He said, snapping his fingers, the spears exploding and blowing the Barghest to bits.

“Dante did it better.” Shetani grinned, rolling out of the way of a Barghest’s spear and sweeping its legs out from under it.

Glide narrowed his eyes, starting to gather energy again. “I’ll show you something Dante’s never gonna do…” He growled, cupping his paws together and forcing the energy to take a spherical shape.

“Oh, lord, don’t tell me…” Shetani muttered, rubbing her temples.

“Ken Masters ain’t got nothin’ on me!” Glide roared, heaving the energy sphere into the chest of another Barghest. “Hadouken!”

“Charge time.” Shetani stated. “You need to gather, he doesn’t.”

Glide rolled his eyes. “That’s so damn unrealistic, though. I don’t think anyone can do that.”

Hadouken.” Shetani smirked, pointing a palm downward and firing a blast of energy at the prone Barghest below her.

“…You’re a goddess. I meant someone normal.” Glide scowled. “And I dare you to spam that the way some Street Fighter players do, see how long your energy lasts.”

“I’m not stupid enough to do that.” Shetani said. “Anyway, I think we’ve taken care of the guards. So much for sneaking over quietly and doing recon…”

 

 

“This way…” Niqi whispered, creeping through the halls of Senshi’s fortress. “They’ve gotta be around here somewhere.”

Ambree nodded, following along behind her and trying to stick to the shadows. “Look.” She said after a moment, pointing toward a pair of Barghest coming down the hall.

Niqi watched them as they went by, noticing the weapons on their belts; Insecte and Isamashii. “Remember what Glide said. Location, not retrieval.”

“Come on, we still need to find Belleza’s flail and the Bloody Doves.” Ambree said, taking the lead and heading down the hall.

 

 

“Oh, that's just perfect.” Niqi hissed, peeking into the throne room and spotting Senshi holding the Bloody Doves.

“What next?” Ambree asked. “Are we going to see Andra come in with the damn flail now?”

As if on cue, Andra strode into the room, carrying Belleza’s flail. Niqi turned to glare at Ambree. “…I should kill you. I really should.”

Ambree rolled her eyes, turning and heading back down the hall. “Come on, we’ve found them, let’s go before we get caught.”

“What is it with Senshi wanting the Bloody Doves, anyway?” Niqi muttered, falling into step beside Ambree. “Everyone who sees them seems to like them. Glide did, I did, Lujuria did…”

“I did too. They’re just attractive blades is all,” Ambree replied.

“Wonder how attractive they’d be shoved into his f*****g eyes,” Niqi growled, glancing backwards for a half second.



© 2008 Star Catcher


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KEi
WHOA!
Still not read it, but... Is Glide being /deliberately/ filthy?

"I whip it out! Then, I thrust it, with great force!"

:O!

"it penetrates"

Oh, my.

O//O

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KEi
I've not started reading yet, and I'm sure this won't sound quite as bad in context, but... ermmm.

"Ram it in!"
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?
O//O

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

230 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 18, 2008


Author

Star Catcher
Star Catcher

CT



About
I write. I enjoy it. I have so many ideas just waiting to be formed and organized. Some day, you will see a book with my name on it. more..

Writing
The New Girl The New Girl

A Chapter by Star Catcher