Last-Minute Plan

Last-Minute Plan

A Chapter by Star Catcher
"

This is completely my friend's writing, except for a small bit in the middle. The end is approaching faster than one might expect.

"

 

“Niqi, the guards. Take ’em out.” Glide whispered.

Niqi nodded, aiming her palms at the two Barghest guarding the front doors of Senshi’s fortress.

Glide dropped a paw on her shoulder. “Not with those.” He said, crouching down and scrawling a pair of runes in the dirt. Nodding after a few seconds, he drew a circle around the runes. “Summon Gensuma’s sword.”

Niqi concentrated, her eyes glowing crimson as she forced the portal to open and the sword to emerge. “How?” She hissed through clenched teeth. “How am I supposed to use this? Just keeping it on this plane is draining my energy…”

“Hold out your arms.” Glide said.

Niqi nodded, slowly lifting her arms up, her strength rapidly draining. “It’s going to disappear…”

Glide pulled his right arm from the sling, bracing his paw against the back of Niqi’s head, Shetani’s power surging into her. The sword began glowing with purple energy. “Now. Do it.”

Niqi let out a guttural growl, aiming the sword at the guards. With a flick of her wrist, she sent the gargantuan weapon whirling toward them, the blade cutting both of the Barghest in half and vanishing as it made contact with the fortress’ wall.

Glide pulled his paw back, sliding his arm back into the sling. “Come on, let’s move.”

“Insecte.” Ambree said, looking down at the lower half of one of the Barghest; her sword was tucked into the creature’s belt. She grabbed it, returning it to its sheath. “Welcome home.”

Glide shoved open the doors, heading into the fortress. “You guys wait out here. I’ll be right back.”

Niqi nodded reluctantly, watching the doors close behind Glide.

 

 

“I’m getting worried…” Lujuria murmured. “We should go in after him.”

The doors opened before anyone could respond. “After who?” Glide grinned, tossing Isamashii to Niqi as he passed her. “Senshi’s gone. He’s probably at the ruined temple, trying to convince Andra not to kill him. I don’t know if it would be better to cut him off before he gets there and risk being caught in the middle of a pincer attack or just follow him there. If we cut him off, we’ll be caught in the middle of a pincer attack if we don’t spend enough time to take him out, and if we do stay long enough to incapacitate him, Andra may leave with the flail. If we just follow him, we’ll have to take on Senshi, any Barghest he took, and the Dark Lords at the same time.”

Niqi blinked. “Well, f**k. It’s always gotta be so damned complicated, doesn’t it?”

“I say we go for option two,” Ambree said. “We took down all the demons at the Southern Cross. We may have had an army behind us then, but I think we would’ve succeeded just as well alone.”

“Okay, here’s how it’s gonna go.” Glide said. “Shetani, get Ambree. I’ll take grandma. Niqi, you take Lujuria. We’ll need to move fast. Really fast.”

Shetani nodded, getting down on one knee. “Climb on my back.”

“Uh…right…” Ambree muttered, climbing onto the goddess’ back. “Why can’t we just go on foot?”

“Because me, Shetani and Niqi are the fastest.” Glide responded, hoisting Belleza onto his back. “This is gonna be a rough ride.”

“Don’t worry about me, dearie.” Belleza smiled. “I’ve ridden on the back of a marsh drake. I can handle this.”

“Here we go, then.” Glide smirked, taking off, Niqi and Shetani close behind.



© 2008 Star Catcher


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KEi


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 18, 2008


Author

Star Catcher
Star Catcher

CT



About
I write. I enjoy it. I have so many ideas just waiting to be formed and organized. Some day, you will see a book with my name on it. more..

Writing
The New Girl The New Girl

A Chapter by Star Catcher