A Lovely Sky

A Lovely Sky

A Chapter by The Dudeman (Kenneth T)

Emerging from the darkness, his life began. He woke up.
The room was dark. Outside the open window, the clouds were softly lit at the place where they obscured the moon. The warm night air flowed in, creating an atmosphere of calmness. Then voices shouted nearby, breaking the air of tranquility.
"Why do you insist on doing this?! Don't you know what he represents?!"
The voice was male, and authoritative. A voice that was used to having its orders carried out. Another voice spoke up, this one female and defiant.
"He's done nothing! How can you blame him for things he hasn't done?!"
"Think back, twelve years ago! Remember then!?"
"That was the Demons! It has nothing to do with him!"
"It has everything to do with him! Him and his kind bring their never ending war down from the heavens to us! And we're the ones that have to deal with it! I'm taking my case up with the council, we have to try something else. The city shouldn't have to go through this again!"
After that, one pair of loud footsteps led away. The door to the room opened and light peered in. He closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep. Soft footsteps approached, and stopped next to the bed. He could imagine the girl, standing there in silence, watching him as he slept. A few minutes passed, and then she turned around and left, closing the door and the light behind her, leaving the room in near total darkness once again.

*          *          *

When Anna returned the next day, she found the boy sitting up in the bed.
'Not a boy,' she thought, seeing the wings, 'an Angel.'
He turned his head to look at her, his long brown hair swaying with the motion. His eyes were light gray and seemed to reflect the morning sunlight.
Anna was lost staring into those beautiful eyes for a few seconds, but then remembered the reason she entered.
"I, um, brought you breakfast." she said shyly, making a slight gesture with the tray she held.
He said nothing, just staring her with those magical eyes. No emotion showed on his face, making her feel awkward.
She walked up to him, placing the tray with its jam sandwiches on his lap. On the edge of the bed, she sat down next to him. He was now staring at his food, but not eating it.
"What are you called?" Anna asked, trying to break the uncomfortable silence.
"I don't have a name." he answered in a sad, low voice.
Anna could have slapped herself. Of course he didn't have a name. None of the Angels did when they came. They had no memories whatsoever.
"Well then, your name will be..." she glanced around for a source of inspiration, eventually looking out the open window, "Sky."
"Sky." he said to himself, and then a smile slowly spread across his face. He quickly turned his head towards her, startling her.
"I like it." he said.


© 2010 The Dudeman (Kenneth T)


Author's Note

The Dudeman (Kenneth T)
Are people understanding this? I know there's still a lot of questions, such as what happened 12 years ago, but bear with me, they WILL be answered.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sky is a pretty name. ;p

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good story, but it needs to be longer.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very good story. I like the description and the purpose of this very good story. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is great! i like the words you used to describe how anna saw the angel. nice job. (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


cool

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 4, 2010
Last Updated on June 5, 2010
Tags: fantasy, teen, angels, demons, love


Author

The Dudeman (Kenneth T)
The Dudeman (Kenneth T)

E'ville, WI



About
Hey guys, I'm Kenneth. I'm 18 years old and I'm the most conflicted person you'll ever meet. Different people know me as a nerd, an emo, a bad a*s, a pervert, and a hopeless romantic. I have jumped o.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Dr.Who.LOVER