Sunset Surprise

Sunset Surprise

A Chapter by The Dudeman (Kenneth T)

Later that day, Anna called Sky up to her room. "I've got something to show you. Follow me!" she said. Anna then opened up the window and proceeded to climb out. Sky watched as she turned back to face the house, reach up, and grab the edge of the roof. After skillfully pulling herself up and out of sight, she called for Sky to do the same. Following suit, Sky soon found himself standing on the slightly-slanted, tiled roof of the house.
From here, they could see the setting sun without any obstacles to block the view. "It's beautiful," Sky remarked, transfixed by the colors of the burning horizon. He sat down, and Anna did the same.
Anna looked away from the magnificent vista to glance at Sky. His face and wings  glowing in the orange light; his soft gray eyes reflecting the pink clouds. His expression one of pure delight as he witnessed the artwork of the sky.
She realized that she was staring again, and quickly looked away before he would notice. "Why do I keep doing this?" she thought, "Why do I have these feelings? He's an Angel, an instinctive killer. I'm nothing to him." Suddenly, Anna wasn't enjoying the sunset very much anymore.
An hour later, after the sun had sank below the horizon and its rays barely visible, Sky stood up. "Thanks for showing me this." he said. "It really meant a lot."
Anna opened her mouth to speak but hesitated when a bright light flashed at the other side of City.
Sky's smile disappeared completely. Now he was totally alert.
"That was..." Anna stopped, hesitant because she was already in the presence of one Angel. Without warning, Sky leapt off of the roof and spread his massive wings, beating them in a constant rhythm as he flew to the source of the flash, leaving Anna to watch him leave.
*               *               *
"I'm not alone," was Sky's first thought upon seeing the new-fallen Angel. This one was female, and looked to be Sky's age. Her wings looked just like his, and her long copper hair fanned out on the ground. Her perfectly-shaped body was clearly visible under her tight shirt and shorts. Sky picked her up from the street, surprised because she weighed less than he had expected.
People were coming out of houses; that was his cue to leave. Selecting one of the many alleys that lead away from the street, he walked into it with the Angel girl in his arms and soon was hidden by shadows.


© 2010 The Dudeman (Kenneth T)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good chapter. The feel and the emotion of the story was very good. I like the pace of your story. Making the characters come alive. A very good chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 27, 2010
Last Updated on July 27, 2010


Author

The Dudeman (Kenneth T)
The Dudeman (Kenneth T)

E'ville, WI



About
Hey guys, I'm Kenneth. I'm 18 years old and I'm the most conflicted person you'll ever meet. Different people know me as a nerd, an emo, a bad a*s, a pervert, and a hopeless romantic. I have jumped o.. more..

Writing