Friends and Enemies

Friends and Enemies

A Chapter by The Dudeman (Kenneth T)
"

I think it's time for some action.

"
He could not remember who he was before, or if there even was a before. His memory had either been completely erased or not even used at all; he could not tell. There was no past for him. All that he had was now.
Even without memories, he could still feel emotions. The girl, Anna, there was something about her, but he didn't know what. She made him feel... warm. Whenever she was gone, he felt only anxiety and impatience until she returned.
Of course, she was the person he owed the most to. She had given him a name: Sky. Other than his wings, that was the only thing of value he had.
She was pretty too, with a nice, healthy body, thick golden hair, and perfectly sized and shaped lips. He didn't know how he knew that she was, having never seen another girl before (except for Anna's mother).
But that would change today. Today, she was taking him out of the house for the first time to show him the city. Anna's mother had prepared a special shirt for him, one that he could wear around his wings. It had a pair of slits cut into the back that his large wings would fit through. It was hard to put on, but no other shirt would fit.
Anna led him down the stairs and out the door, past the forced smile of her mother and annoyed glare of her father. He followed her at a brisk walk down the crowded street, noticing the stares at his clearly exposed wings from people they passed by. After several blocks, they stopped at a house.
To Sky, it was just another building, two stories, concrete filled between wooden boards, almost identical to the ones on either side. He stood behind Anna as she knocked on the door.
Running footsteps could be heard from inside the house. The door opened and a plain-looking little boy stood in the entryway.
Anna bent down so she was level with the boy."Hey, Tyler, is Megan here?"
"Yeah, I'll go get her," he said. At that, Tyler turned around and ran back inside. "Megan! Anna's here!" he shouted. Anna winced, his voice was loud enough to be heard by the whole block. In fact, many of the pedestrians walking down the street turned to look.
As Tyler's rapid footsteps disappeared, slower ones took their place, coming down a flight of stairs by the sound of it. Anna and Sky waited patiently while they approached. After an impossibly long wait, Megan appeared in the open doorway. She looked to be about the same age as Anna, but considerably shorter, flatter too.
Anna spoke first, "Megan, I'd like you to meet...Sky." She stepped aside, leaving him in full view of Megan, who instantly blushed. Her large brown eyes grew even wider.
"Hello," Sky said politely.
"H-h-hi."
Sky was confused as to why Megan was acting like this, but a voice close behind him caught his attention.
"Hey! Freak!"
Sky turned around to face a boy staring him down. Anna swore under her breath.
"I see those wings, when are your Demon friends going to come? Huh?" He stepped forward, showing that he was a head taller than Sky.
Anna interrupted, "Go away, Tomas! You're going to cause trouble."
"You bet I'm gonna cause trouble! Listen, Freak, I still haven't forgiven you for what happened twelve years ago. My brother is dead because of you; and nothing you can do can get him back. So, I guess the only thing left to do is to get revenge, huh?"
At that, Tomas threw an underhand punch, striking Sky in the abdomen. Sky stepped back, but refused to touch the place where he was hit. Tomas would be denied the satisfaction of seeing him in pain.
Seeing that he had failed to significantly hurt the "Freak", Tomas charged forward, letting loose a barbaric war cry. This time, though, Sky reacted. He dodged to the right, letting Tomas rocket past. Tomas' momentum kept him going until he stumbled through the open doorway of the house, sending Megan diving out of the way with a shriek. He stood up, turned around, and roared his war cry again as he attempted to punch Sky. Sky caught the speeding arm and twisted it around, pinning Tomas against the side of the house. With a snarl, he broke free and twisted around. Sky took the offensive and quickly kicked him in the stomach. He then stepped forward and picked the bigger boy up by the shirt and threw him down on the ground.
Realization hit Sky. He was a natural-born fighter. He had gone through the whole encounter without a single thought of any kind.
He looked up. Anna was staring at the prone Tomas in with her mouth open is shock. Megan was huddled in a ball by the wall of the house. People were stopping to look.
"Let's go," Anna said. She firmly took his hand and they walked at a quick pace away from the scene he had created.


© 2010 The Dudeman (Kenneth T)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 7, 2010
Last Updated on June 16, 2010
Tags: fantasy, teen, angels, love


Author

The Dudeman (Kenneth T)
The Dudeman (Kenneth T)

E'ville, WI



About
Hey guys, I'm Kenneth. I'm 18 years old and I'm the most conflicted person you'll ever meet. Different people know me as a nerd, an emo, a bad a*s, a pervert, and a hopeless romantic. I have jumped o.. more..

Writing