Arrival

Arrival

A Chapter by The Dudeman (Kenneth T)
"

Mostly an explanation of the unique setting. I know it's weird.

"
For as far back as history could remember, City was the only thing that existed. Surrounding it was the endless Plains that stretched farther than even the telescopes could see. Even the explorers that returned from wandering far into the distance said the same thing, there was nothing else out there.
City didn't need anything else; it was very close to being perfect. A seemingly bottomless well supplied the gas that produced its electricity. Another seemingly bottomless well supplied water to its citizens, livestock, and crops. The crowded-together buildings were all less than five stories tall and made of wood and concrete. In them, the thirty-thousand (30,000) residents of City lived, worked, and found time to enjoy themselves.
Anna was walking home now. Just a few minutes ago she had been laughing and gossiping with her friends, but she had to be home before nightfall, her fathers orders. She was just approaching Garden Park, less than a hundred meters from her home, when she was blinded by a bright flash of light. As she blinked repeatedly to get her vision back, she heard a light thud in front of her. When she could finally see again, Anna looked ahead at the prone figure that had suddenly appeared.
He wore nothing but simple shorts, leaving his torso exposed. Anna gasped. A pair of wide, strong, gray wings sprouted from the middle of his back.
Councilman Helms was in his study when he saw the flash outside his window. He stood up sharply, kicking his chair to the floor behind him, and dashed out the door, ignoring the complaints of his wife. People were already closing in on the park, where the flash had occurred. A small crowd had already gathered by the time he arrived. Helms pushed his way through the ring, spying his daughter, Anna, among them but taking no notice of her. Seeing the unmoving winged figure glowing in the light of the setting sun, he immediately swore out loud.
It was going to happen again. If the Angels had started to come, the Demons wouldn't be far behind.


© 2010 The Dudeman (Kenneth T)


Author's Note

The Dudeman (Kenneth T)
Good start? Tell me what you think. Please don't worry about the impossibility of the setting, it doesn't matter in this story. The purpose of having nothing else exist is only to create a "small world setting". Trust me, it's better this way.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like that the setting is called City. I like it! I'll keep reading! ;p

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ooooh. This is coolio. Sounds like something from 'Supernatural' ahaha. It's really good. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice start

Posted 13 Years Ago


i think it's a great start. it's got some good detail, even if a few of them are a bit hazy. i think the idea of a small world with nothing else out there is a great idea. good job. (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's cool....

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the story so far. You gave some history and create the characters.. I look forward to reading more. A very good start to the story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is really good. great detail. nice plot and great way to start. just the right amount of questions are raised to intrigue the reader, yet not leave them uninterested. i'll keep reading.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

321 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 2, 2010
Last Updated on June 2, 2010
Tags: fantasy, angels, demons, love, romance


Author

The Dudeman (Kenneth T)
The Dudeman (Kenneth T)

E'ville, WI



About
Hey guys, I'm Kenneth. I'm 18 years old and I'm the most conflicted person you'll ever meet. Different people know me as a nerd, an emo, a bad a*s, a pervert, and a hopeless romantic. I have jumped o.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Love My Love

A Poem by Anonymous