Remembering

Remembering

A Chapter by The Dudeman (Kenneth T)

Emily was lying on her bed wide awake, images of Jared flashing through her mind. She had just turned off the news report about the shooting.

Yesterday at about 7:41 in the evening, gunfire opened up here in the streets of Madison. A teenage boy and girl, who we are not naming at this time, were victims of a drive-by shooting. Police believe that this is one of a string of shootings caused by a new gang here in the city. The boy was shot three times in the back and was pronounced dead at the scene. The girl was unharmed.
That was all it said. It told nothing about how he stood in front of her, shielding her. It told nothing about how she felt him die, laying on top of her. It told nothing about how the paramedics had to pry his arms from around her back, determined to protect her, even in death.
Emily moaned in frustration. No matter how she looked at it, she felt guilty. Even though it wasn't her fault, it was because of her that Jared was dead. Why did he do it? He could of dove to the ground to save himself. But he didn't; he chose to save her. Was there more to it than she realized? Had he liked her? Loved her? For the first time, the thought of love left her anxious.
She picked up her music player and walked out the door. She would do what Jared always did to ease his mind. She was going for a walk.



© 2010 The Dudeman (Kenneth T)


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Author's Note

The Dudeman (Kenneth T)
It's about time I finished this chapter

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
Added on June 9, 2010
Last Updated on September 23, 2010
Tags: fantasy, teen, love, angels, emo


Author

The Dudeman (Kenneth T)
The Dudeman (Kenneth T)

E'ville, WI



About
Hey guys, I'm Kenneth. I'm 18 years old and I'm the most conflicted person you'll ever meet. Different people know me as a nerd, an emo, a bad a*s, a pervert, and a hopeless romantic. I have jumped o.. more..

Writing