IV. Opposites

IV. Opposites

A Chapter by Mark Daniels

     Marcus wok up a little earlier than usual, so he could finish up all of his homework.

     "Hey man, could ya keep it down a little in here?" His inner demon groaned, wanting to get as much sleep as he possibly could.

     "Sorry Marc, but i have stuff to get done today." Marcus quickly retorted, an almost happy sound in his voice. Marc opened his eyes when he heard his boss. He sat up and smiled. He'd never really heard Marcus sound happy. ever.

 

     Marcus got dressed and stuffed all of the papers into his bookbag, making it look like a dictionary. he sighed happily, walked out of his door, and went on towards school.

    "So, may I ask why you seem to have a brand new outlook on life?"

    "Well, let's just say Gen and I had an extremely interesting conversation." He looked at the ground. It looked like it had much more snow than it usually did around this time of year. he thought about it for a moment before just shrugging it off and resumed his walking.

 

 

     Marcus heard his locker door shut and jumped up a little.

     "So, you get all of that work done last night?" Sara inquired, looking up at an extremely drowsy-looking Marcus.

     "Why yes, yes i did. Thank you for doing that for me Sara." Marcus replied, smiling a little. He wanted to at least act perky, even though his little meltdown was still affecting him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

     "So, it appears Marcus just might be a little more skilled than we thought." Vito said to himself, removing his snow-white fedora and peering down into the hole Marcus had left a few days earlier. Vito sighed and handed himself (a clone) a picture of the hole and a report for his boss.

     "Take it to him. He'll know what we're dealing with." The clone nodded and dissipated. Vito smiled evilly and laughed.

     "This is going to be one hell of a fight."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

     "So....Whatcha wanna do tonight?" Marc said, sitting back and acting bored.

     "Ya know, I honestly have absolutely no clue." Marcus Replied, walking up the street, the snow not bothering him. They endured a long and awkward silence before Marcus finally looked up.

     "It's about time you showed you Marcus." Vito laughed

    "We were about to think you wouldn't show up."

     "Who are you, and who the hell is 'we' '?" Marcus asked, getting ready for a fight if necessary.

     "Oh you know, just me, myself, and I." Vito said, quickly replicating himself into 3 copies. They started approaching Marcus, and Marc started to take action by heating himself up. Marcus lit himself up and motioned them.

   "Bring it on."

     He had no problem swiftly taking out the copies. he stared down the original Vito.

    "How'd you figure it out?" he said, unsurprised that his clones were weak.

   "Easy. the real one always sends the others to do his dirty work." Vito just chuckled to himself and looked up.

    "Hey flamer, catch me if you can." he said, starting to back away. Marcus jolted towards him, and made a jumping tackle, but Vito teleported away just before, making Marcus fall on his face.

     "Who the hell was that?" Marcus groaned, sitting up and rubbing his head.

   "I dont know kid, but he was a cheap fighter." Marc responded, going back to his usual laziness. He walked the rest of the way home in silence. His brother never sent someone to do his own "work" for him. Something just did not fit into the equation. But, Marcus just put the thought away in his mind and made room for what he was going to do next.



© 2010 Mark Daniels


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on November 2, 2010
Last Updated on December 5, 2010


Author

Mark Daniels
Mark Daniels

44077, OH



About
Well, here you go. This is my personal poetry/writing site. Please, feel free to browse around and read that which i have created. Also leave me some comments and suggestions, they're all welsome. Oth.. more..

Writing