Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by TheRinaKitto
"

Deshi wakes off the streets of LA to find herself drawn to both music and a Cathedral where she meets Connor.

"

In a rustling city, I woke up on a dirty side walk. Where am I? Is what I kept asking myself. All I knew was I had to get up; the ground was just too cold. I got up from off the ground and noticed I couldn’t stand. My body was wobbly and I could barely keep my stance. When I was finally able to stand, I noticed that I was just wearing a long white shirt that came to my toes. It was also freezing outside where I was. I began shivering and holding my arms hoping I would stay warm. What am I doing here? This question kept pounding in my head. I couldn’t remember a thing. But why was that. I have to find some answers. I began walking on the side walk, bumping into people everywhere I walked.

            “Excuse me! Sorry!” My feet began to hurt after a while. It didn’t help that I was barefooted. I looked up trying to find to say where I was. “Los Angels” a few signs said. So am I in California, United States? I have to be. But how do I know this? Why do I know this? As I pondered this, I felt vibrations; Vibrations that I could hear but not just any vibrations, but music. I know music! I began searching for the source of these beautiful sounds.

            I wanna go out and feel the blood pump through my veins

            Spread my wings and fly to a place where I belong

            My darling, my love, promise it all won’t be vain

            Just make it all right and sing me a song

 

            The words flew out of my mouth unlike anything imaginable. My body became overcome by the music. My body began exhilarating as my heart began beating rapidly. It warmed my body so I forgot all about being cold. The music was sweet and joyful, but still had edge. And out came lyrics from my mouth. I remembered the lyrics as clear as a spring day. And yet, I couldn’t remember anything else at all. The music then stopped and everyone around me began clapping. What was going on? I just heard music and I wanted to sing; that’s all.

            “Hey sweetie, nice job. You can sing!” a man with a guitar said.

            I then laughed and said to him “And you play pretty well.”

            “Did you make that up on the spot?”

            “I…I don’t know actually.”

            “Well, best luck to you.” The man then just went away. I didn’t know what was going on but all I just knew that people enjoyed me singing. I wonder if I could use it to my advantage. But before I knew it, everyone had already been gone.

            I then looked into a mirror saw a girl. She had brown hair with blonde streaks but they were natural. Her eyes were a bit green and a bit brown, so were they hazel? Also, her skin was pale and my face was hear-shaped. And her name is Deshi. But then I realized that this is me! I am Deshi!This is who I am and this is what I get to live with.

            The sun seems to be setting. And I’ve got to find a place where I could rest. As I’m looking around, I noticed a tall and huge building. The architecture was simply amazing. The structure was awkward and there were 2 sets of stairs; so many steps leading up to this building. I walked up toward one of the stairs and there was a statue of some women. Could it have been a virgin? Wait, the Virgin Mary! That was the lady’s name! But why do I know this? Suddenly, I am pulled toward this strange building. Although it looked new, it felt as if it may have been home.

            I began humming a tune, one that seemed so familiar but faint to me.

            “What are you doing here?” a voice shouted and questioned to me. I turned around and saw a man. He was much taller then I was with brown hair that looked as thick as a horse’s main. His eyes were narrow and dark brown, almost black. He gave a look that scared me so I just simply said, “Huh?” I responded back but he just rolled his eyes and exclaimed, “What are you doing here?”

            I just didn’t know what to say so I asked him “Am I not allowed to be here?”

            “Well not know at least,” he said with a sign and continued saying “, But you can come here tomorrow morning.”

            “Oh, I am so sorry, I didn’t mean to. It’s just that I am new here and I don’t have a place to go. So I thought that I could stay here because it was calling me.”
            “It was calling you?”

            “Well, more like singing to me so I began singing back.” He then looked at me as if I was crazy and just rolled his eyes again.

            “Well, this is actually a cathedral. Cathedral of Our lady of Angels. So do you really not have a place to stay at?”

            “Nope, I don’t. I don’t know what happened to me. I just woke up from the streets and I decided to come here,” I said trying to explain to him.

            “Hmm…I see. It’s probably a case of amnesia so I believe that I will have to take care of you.”

            “Am….ne…sia?”

            “Yeah, so come with me, hun,” he said while he put his arm around me and continued saying, “I’ll get you settled. Come with me. By the way, what is your name?” We then began walk to the exit.

            “My… name’s Deshi. But that’s all I remember,” I said trying to be as confident as possible.

            ”Deshi, huh? Well my name is Connor. Come one, I’ll take you to my place.” I then walked away from him and became scared.

            “You… you know what? I think that I will just stay here. Okay?”

            “No, no. I won’t do anything! I promise,” Connor begged me. I don’t have anyone else I can trust so I suppose that I have to star somewhere, right? He then continued, “I actually volunteer here at this Cathedral. I’m a spiritual person so please, believe me.”

            “Okay, I guess that I will stay with you, until I can get my feet back on the ground. So what is it exactly do you do here?” As we exited the building, I kept wondering if it was the right thing for me to do. But this just has to be a sign, right? Someone is telling me to go with this Connor, so I must listen to it if I want to find out who I am.

 



© 2010 TheRinaKitto


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great work.... I liked it

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 13, 2010
Last Updated on November 14, 2010


Author

TheRinaKitto
TheRinaKitto

Pomona and West Covina, CA



About
I am a girl who wants to be many things: I want to write, I want to sing, I want to voice act, I want to draw, I want to design. I want to do something in my life that makes me happy more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by TheRinaKitto