Giving Up

Giving Up

A Chapter by Dawn

Jared's Point Of View 

I walked into Allan Wood Secondary School. I made my way to my locker; Laura was standing there, waiting for me; good. 
"Hey baby," I said, kissing her.
"Hey honey," She said, smiling my favourite smile at me. 
"Did I ever tell you I love you?" I said, smirking. 
Her face brightened, she was about to say something but we were rudely interrupted by my friend, James.
"No gushy stuff in the morning!" James ordered with a smirk. 
"James, must you ruin my morning with your ugly face?" I said, laughing. 
"I'll see you guys later," Laura said, just like I told her. She kissed me, and turned around and waved on both of us; I swear I saw her wink at James. 
James chuckled. 
"So are you in for the game tonight?" James asked. 
I absently nodded; still think about Laura winking to James and James laughing. 
I headed to class; Laura was so in for it. 

***********************

After the game, I called texted Laura, saying to get to the park in five minutes.
After that I went to party. I started making out with the first girl I saw, but then I saw the girl's face. It was Anna. Laura's best friend; s**t. 

She was there when I arrived in the park, an hour late. 
"Are you okay? Where have you been?" She said. 
"Away from a s**t like you!" I bellowed. 
"What do you mean Jared?" She said, her voice quivering. 
"You know you winked at James this morning! Are you guys secretly together or something!" I said, my voice swaying. 
"No, of course not Jared! I was winking at you!" she said, her eyes full of shock, which was probably fake. 
"Do you even love me? I give so much to you and you go behind my back!" I said, taking a shaky step towards her. 
"I love you Jared! And I'm not going behind your back! You’re my only one! I swear!" Laura said. 
"Well guess what, I'm not going to let you break up with me! I'll never let you! I'll destroy your life! I'll...I’ll...kill you!" I said, closing the distance in front of us so we our feet were touching. 
"Jared, I'll never break up with you! I love you, a lot! Please don't break up with me either!" Laura said, wrapping her arms around my stiff figure. 
I thought about it for a minute. Maybe she was telling the truth. She did love me. And I love her, a lot.
I loosened and wrapped my arms around her as well. 
"Laura, do you really love me?" 
"Yes, I do!" 
"Then do me a favour. This is our senior year, so we are applying for university. Don't go to university; come with me to Brathford College." 
No one spoke. Why wasn't she saying yes? I felt a deep feeling in my stomach. What if she said no? Would she leave me?
"Laura," I said, pulling back roughly, "do you really love me?" 
Laura took a deep breath, "of course I do! And fine, I'll go to college with you."
Perfect! She was going to be with me! We could maybe even live together! I could marry her!  
I pulled her to my chest, I swear her face was wet with tears, but I ignored them. She must be so happy to be with me? I was really happy. 
Nothing was going to spoil my mood, however I didn't even think about Anna.


© 2010 Dawn


Author's Note

Dawn
Jerry is Jared's nickname and Laura's nickname is Lilly. However I realized that it can get confusing so I'm trying to change them... if any slip through, sorry. Thanks for the amazing response :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Honestly, the nicknames aren't that difficult to figure out ... Anyways, another satisfactory chapter ... Well done! Jared's already starting to creep me out. Is that how I should be reacting???

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 18, 2010
Last Updated on July 18, 2010


Author

Dawn
Dawn

Canada



About
I'm am a young writer who just wants to get her work out there. I want to learn how to improve my writing since I am still very young and inexperienced. more..

Writing
Dying Inside Dying Inside

A Chapter by Dawn


Cutting Cutting

A Chapter by Dawn