Confessing

Confessing

A Chapter by Dawn

*Jared’s Point of View*
 
She left, after she had put me the bed she left and didn’t stay. She hates me! What am I going to do? She better not cheat on me! Okay, my promise to myself, no matter how stupid she is I will not hit her.
I woke up with a splitting headache, it hurt like hell. I got up and got ready. After I was fully prepared, with aspirins, I went to her house and instead of honking the car I got out of it and rang the doorbell. She opened the door with her eyes wide.
“Jared, what’s wrong?” She asked confused.
“I’m here to pick you up. Do you want a ride to school?” I asked turning shy.
“Of course, I’m ready so let’s go,” she said coming with me.
We both got into my silver Honda.
“I’m sorry Laura, I’m really sorry! I promise no more drinking or anything! I’m really sorry about last night.” I said pleading with her to forgive me with my eyes.
She looked shocked for a bit then she said, “It is okay Jared! I am just really scared that you tried to kill yourself. Please don’t do that again, I would die if you died.” Laura said her face in a smile.
We arrived in school and after I parked I gave her a big hug. I got out and opened her door and took her books. For the rest of the day I was a big gentleman, walking her to class and everything.
“Jared, I…I have to tell you about something.” Laura said after school in my car.  
“What is it honey?” I asked looking at her with concern.
Laura sighed and pulled her sleeves up. I was confused for a bit then I looked at her arms, they had cuts on them.
“What… what happened?” I screeched.
“I… I…” She stammered.
“Who did this to you?” I demanded.
“Me. I did it to myself!” she said, breaking into tears.
“What? What do you mean? You cut yourself? Why?” I asked shocked.
No way could Laura could cut herself! She had a perfect life! I didn’t get it.
“I thought you were cheating on me, and I was really sad that day. So it kind of led to this, don’t worry I won’t do this again. It was just a once in awhile thing. I promise, that is why I’m telling you.” She hiccupped.
“Laura… I don’t know what to say. Don’t hurt yourself! You’re body is too precious to hurt.” I said, meaning every word.
“I won’t. I’m sorry Jared.” She said.
I pulled her into a hug and kissed the top of her head.
“No reason to say sorry baby. We will get through this. I love you a lot, never forget that.” I said.
Wait, did she say it was my fault because I cheated on her? How was it my fault that she cut herself! What the hell? My anger raised and my arms stiffened and tightened around her. She looked at me with fear in her eyes. Fear of me! That made me angrier! Why was she afraid of me? I always loved her! I was about to slap her but I remembered my promise to myself and instead of hitting her, I moved away from her and gripped the steering wheel until my knuckles turned white. Laura looked so surprised, which only made me angrier.
I drove home as fast as I could so I didn’t have time to hit. I dropped her off without saying a word. I quickly drove home. I took six cans of beer from the refrigerator and went upstairs. Once in my room, I punched the wall hard, cracking it. I took a swing from the can. Slowly, I drank all of them. I felt so drowsy, I wanted Laura there. I called her, and she picked up on the first ring.
“Hello?” she said.
“Come here. My house in ten minutes!” I said snapping the phone shut.
She had a lot of s**t waiting for her if she thought it was my fault!


© 2010 Dawn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Honestly? It all still sounds like the couple's ... I dunno ...

Have you seen/read Oliver?

Remember Bill Sikes? That's what Jared reminds me of ...

100/100

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 20, 2010
Last Updated on July 20, 2010


Author

Dawn
Dawn

Canada



About
I'm am a young writer who just wants to get her work out there. I want to learn how to improve my writing since I am still very young and inexperienced. more..

Writing
Dying Inside Dying Inside

A Chapter by Dawn


Giving Up Giving Up

A Chapter by Dawn