Cutting

Cutting

A Chapter by Dawn

Laura's Point of View 

He is telling me to not go to university. What am I suppose to do? I always wanted to go to university, my family always wanted to me to go university.

Why did I agree? To be honest I was afraid of him a bit, but on top of that I did want to be with him forever. Honestly, I wanted to marry him. I mean, when I don't do anything stupid he is so nice to me.

I still have to tell my mom, she is totally going to flip.

I lay in my bed, thinking about what to do next. My cell phone started vibrating; I quickly opened it, thinking it was Jared.

It turned out to be Karan, a girl I really hated from my school and who was into Jared. She sent me a picture and a text saying, 'oh you broke up? Or wait, is he cheating because he's bored of you? lol not a big surprise.'

The photo was of Anna and Jared making out. My eyes started stinging, no way was this real! I mean, my Jared? With my best friend, Anna? But, there was no way that could be! Anna hated Jared, and Jared didn't like her much either. But wait, maybe they were just pretending to hide their relationship.

Tear started falling down my cheeks; I can't believe the Jared was bored of me. Was I not good enough? I don't know! I wanted to start screaming but I knew that would wake up my mom, and that was the last thing I needed!

I raced to my bathroom and I couldn't figure out what to do. I went numb, the tears stopped falling and I felt a weird sick feeling creeping around inside of me. I wanted to scream, shout and cry, but nothing came out. I opened the cupboard in my washroom to find my brother's razors. I took one out and held it to my bare thighs. I slowly cut a little. I joy I felt was indescribable. The monster that was creeping inside of me was slowly coming out.

I felt so much joy so I cut again, a shallow cut a bit away from the previous one. I felt total relief.

I kept at this for five more shallow cuts and then I replaced the blade, took some toilet paper to wipe the blood and flushed them down the toilet. 

I returned to my bed and slept, the creepy feeling mostly released.

******************************************

I woke in the morning to my little brother knocking on my door. Just to mention, I have two brothers, one older, Alan, and one younger, Brian.

My dad was drinking coffee downstairs when I got there after getting dressed.

I hardly had time for breakfast before Jared honked the horn.

Oh my god! He was here! What was I going to say to him?

I took a quick breath and rushed outside. I got into his car quickly.

"Hey baby," Jared said.

"Um. Hi Jared." I said, still not sure what to do.

He came closer to kiss me, and when our lips touched, something inside me snapped.

I started crying and pushing him back.

"Woah, what is going on Laura?" Jared screamed.

"Look at this!" I said, taking out my phone and showing him the picture.

"Oh... you're jealous?" He said, laughing.

"Jared! You cheated on me with my best friend!" I bellowed.

"What the f**k! You're calling me a cheater? It was your s**t of a friend who made the move on me. I pushed her away and then left the party!"

"...Really? That is how it happened?" I said confused.

"Of course! Would I lie to you?" Jared asked.

The question hung in the air. After we almost reached school, I said, "You're right Jared! You would not lie to me. And I'll talk to Anna about leaving you alone."

"That's my girl!" He said his voice bright. He reached over me and kissed me tenderly.

We sat there making out. I was so happy that it wasn't Jared cheating! He wasn't going behind my back! I love him so much. As we were in our make out session, someone tapped the window. It was Anna.


© 2010 Dawn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

No! Not that b***h Anna! Why can't you leave the happy couple alone?!?!
Well, this is an interesting story so far. Other than a few grammar issues (forgive me, I am a recovering grammar nazi) the dialogue is interesting and I can actually care about the characters you've written. Well done.

A-

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 18, 2010
Last Updated on July 18, 2010


Author

Dawn
Dawn

Canada



About
I'm am a young writer who just wants to get her work out there. I want to learn how to improve my writing since I am still very young and inexperienced. more..

Writing
Dying Inside Dying Inside

A Chapter by Dawn


Giving Up Giving Up

A Chapter by Dawn