Negative?

Negative?

A Chapter by Dawn

*Laura’s Point of View* 
...negative. I breathed a sigh of relief. What if it was positive? I shook my head at the possibility. I threw the test away, making sure to wrap it in toilet paper so mom wouldn't see it. I fell into bed afterwards, there was so much going on and I was so tired. The morning when I woke up I felt so nauseous so I dashed to the washroom and threw up. Thankfully my parents were asleep so they didn’t know or they would be bothering me endlessly. Alan, my seventeen years old brother came into my room afterwards. 
“Did you just throw up?” He asked curiously. 
“Um...yes but don’t tell mom! I just got up really quickly. Plus I drank a bit yesterday, “  l lied.
“Dad is going to be so angry at you if he knows you’ve been drinking.” He said repeating the lines he had said to me for as long as I could remember, ‘dad is going to be angry because...’ 
“I know. It won’t happen again okay? I’m sorry. “I said. 
“Laura, you’re too independent for your own good,” he said hugging me and left. 
Alan and I used to be so close but I guess after I started high school and discovered Jared we stopped hanging out as much because I was with Jared and he was with his girlfriend Francine. 
I got ready for school; it was thankfully Friday so the weekend was coming up. I decided to sleep since it was only seven and my class didn’t start till nine but I couldn’t sleep so I just got ready and went downstairs. I ate; I was really hungry, and then waited outside for Jared with a cup of coffee. 
“Hey baby,” Jared said grinning brightly, arriving and getting out of his car.  
I loved the way his hair fell in his eyes in such a sexy way. 
“Hi” I replied smiling at him. 
I went and sat in his car and he came in and drove us to school. 
“So are we okay?” he asked looking at me with dreamy eyes, reminding me of how we first met and I was so shocked I couldn’t say a word. 
“Of course we are,” I said grinning. 
“Amazing,” he said breathlessly.
“What is amazing?”  I asked.
“You,” he said with such confidence I felt myself leaning towards him.
“Not as amazing as you,”  I blushed. 
We both laughed and started kissing, until we were rudely interrupted by Anna tapping on the window. 
“You’re still friends with her?” Jared asked. 
“Yes, I want to give her another chance. She promised not to go after you,” I said trying not to get him mad. 
“Damn right! She should just stay away from me.” Jared said acting mad but I could see the relief in his eyes that I wasn’t mad at him. 
Tears sprang to my eyes even though there wasn't any need for them. I quickly stopped them and  kissed him on the cheek and left the car. 
“Hey stupid,” Anna said.
“An, stop calling me stupid,” I said playfully. 
“I’ll stop when you stop acting stupid and break up with him.” She said.
I sighed. “Can we please just get along? I love him and you will have to deal with it.” I said a bit crossly. 
“Sure, Sure, so did you do the test?” she asked eagerly.
“Yes I did. It was negative. So in your face, I told you so!” I said laughing. 
“Well be glad you aren’t. Wouldn’t want dear-Jares to get mad you for living now do we?” she said sarcastically. 
“Anna! How many times do I have to tell you to stop! You know I don’t like it when you say bad things about Jared! Can’t we just be civil and get along?” I asked fed up. 
“Fine! God, you need a life,” she said rolling her eyes and dramatically throwing her hands up in the air for a gesture of ‘what am I going to do with you?’
“So what else is new?” I asked.
“Well, do you want to tell me why you were crying when you came out of the car?” she asked knowing me too well.
“No reason, for some reason, honestly, tears came into my eyes. I think it is PMS I mean I’m getting way to emotional.” I said brushing it off. 
“Whatever,” she sighed and hurried to class because the bell just rang and Anna couldn’t be late for anything. I remember when I was like that, now I didn’t really care. 
I walked to class and as I was at the door I felt so dizzy. The last thing I remember was Ms. Patteron yelling ‘what happened?’ 
I woke to machines beeping and an IV attached to my arm. 
“What happened?” I mumbled to whoever was there, if anyone at that. 
There was a nurse there. 
“Well, you fainted at school and were brought here from school. The doctor will be with you shortly” She said and turned on her heels and left. 
After a bit the nurse came to remove my IV and took me to the doctor’s office. 
Dr. Charles was actually pretty hot. He had brown hair and hazel eyes. 
“So, what is wrong with me?” I joked, knowing I would have to explain my cuts and bruises. 
“Well, I have to ask you some questions,” of course,” but before that I think you would like to know something.” He said sighing. 
“What?” I asked.
“You’re pregnant.” 


© 2010 Dawn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on July 20, 2010
Last Updated on July 20, 2010


Author

Dawn
Dawn

Canada



About
I'm am a young writer who just wants to get her work out there. I want to learn how to improve my writing since I am still very young and inexperienced. more..

Writing
Dying Inside Dying Inside

A Chapter by Dawn


Giving Up Giving Up

A Chapter by Dawn