Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

The cafeteria was loud and full of students, each rectangular table next to the other, and the round tables sat directly in the middle. It was a large room with rows of food on each side. I grabbed a slice of cheese pizza with chocolate milk, and a fruit cup. April and Jason where already at the table holding hands, Jessica was in the seat next to them in front of Drake. I sat next to Drake and put my bag down. “I cant believe he is transferring at the end of the year. Who does that?” My attention was caught. I lifted my eyes to meet Jessica’s profile. She was staring at an almost empty table where Jacob was sitting, his head down. He looked asleep.


I turned my head away and looked down at my food, my stomach rumbled. Stuffing pizza in my mouth I tried to distract myself from looking his way. “I think he used to go to that school on the other side of town. Remember the one that burnt down, like two weeks ago?” Jessica was staring at Jacob as if he carried the plague. She was scared. “Now, really? You think just because he came from there he’s a creep or something? He is probably exhausted and tired. I mean who wouldn’t be after having to transfer at the end of the year.” Drake said. Jessica shot her eyebrow up at him, “Yeah and move to a school that’s on the other side of town rather than the one that was only a mile form his old one? Why move if your not guilty?”


I let out a loud sigh and decided to say what was coming to mind. “That’s ridicules! Who would want to stay after something like that? What if our school burnt down, would you really want to stay and be reminded of that everyday? I mean someone could have died there. You know they said a few students where never found. Maybe they where his friends.” Jessica thought about it a minute and just shrugged her shoulders, “Maybe.” April and Jason hadn’t said a word the whole time and I was wondering if they where even listening. They where smiling at each other, holding hands, completely out of our world. I shook Aprils shoulder, they both jumped. “Earth to April and Jason!” She looked at me angrily and then smiled. “Look who it is.” I stiffened as soon as she said. I could hear his footsteps on the floor; I could feel his presence behind me. “Hi.” I slowly turned in my seat to find Jacob was standing right behind me.


His hair was back behind his ears, a few strands kept falling in his face like brown silk. His eyes where staring into mine,” Hi.” My voice came out like a low whisper and I cleared my throat to try again. “Hi- Jacob, isn’t it?” He smiled at me, it was a nice smile. I smiled shyly back, the fear I had just moments ago faded, seeping into an empty pit away from my mind. “Yeah. Christina. I know we never met but can I ask you something?” I was about to say yes just as the bell rang. It was time to go. I smiled apologetically and left.


I could barely focus on my other classes for the rest of the day, I wanted to know what he was going to ask me. When school was out I said goodbye to April, she had decided to ride with Jason to his house. Getting on the bus alone I was able to imagine all of the things he could have asked me.



© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on April 17, 2012
Last Updated on April 17, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing