Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

When I got home Mom and my Dad where on the couch watching a movie, wrapped in each other’s arms. My biological father left before I was born and my mom met my Dad a few years after I was born. They have been married for five years now. Mom peeked her head up at me, “How was school today?” I shrugged my shoulders, “The usual. April and Jason are getting all lovey-dovey on me.” Mom smiled, “Now don’t be upset. Let them have their fun while there still young! Let them be.” I laughed and went to my room.


My walls still had small fingerprints on them from when we first painted the house. I hadn’t had the time to redecorate. My walls where a rainbow of colors, little flowers and animals covered them with all kinds of random streaks where I had ran my fingers over the wet paint. My room was big, my king sized bed was in the center of my back wall my bedside table was on the left with my clock and lamp. My dresser sat next to my bathroom door, crowded with papers and homework assignments. Every other wall was covered with shelves. Each one was filled with books. I loved to read and since I was nine had been collecting them.


I began to work on my English paper. By the time I was done with my essay, it was already dinnertime. I could smell lasagna and garlic bread from  downstairs. My stomach gave a low growl as I entered the kitchen. “ Nice to see you out of your den,” my mom said. She already had Jazzie in her high chair with a bib on. She was only 9 months old and her hair was just beginning to truly grow, she had only three teeth and a loud mouth. She screeched excitedly as my mom put a plate in front of her. The phone rang and I hurried to answer it, “Hello?”


“Hey, Christina! Sorry I’m callin so late. I just got home- hey did you get my message earlier? I tried to call you and your phone was off.” I sighed and remembered I had never turned my phone on after school. It was still sitting on my dresser. “O! I forgot to turn it back on. What did the message say?”

“A I got to go, I will see you tomorrow mom is coming. Later.” Before I could respond, I heard a click. She had hung up.


I made myself a plate and sat in front of the T.V. My favorite movie Megamind was on. After I finished my plate I headed off to bed. I was exhausted. I did not even bother changing and before I knew it I was drifting off to sleep.



© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on April 17, 2012
Last Updated on April 17, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing