Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

Chapter 2


My hair was lifted from my shoulders in the warm breeze, the smell of wheat overwhelmed my nostrils.


The sound of laughter captured my attention. In the field in front of me, I could see two children. One was hiding behind a tree, the other in the grass. It was a little boy and girl. I couldn’t see their faces though I knew who they where the moment I saw them. The girl’s hair was not very long, barely reaching her shoulders, though the curls of white where unmistakable. It was me!


I never understood why my hair was always white in my dreams. It was the exact opposite of my real hair. I could not have been older than seven or eight, the boy was still n the grass, stalking. I was confused, this was the first time I had ever watched my dreams. I had always been apart of them but watching as Jacob crawled closer to the little version of me, pouncing like a tiger to scare me from my hiding spot, I felt strange. The little me screamed and giggled running as fast as her little feet could. I felt like was on the other side of a glass wall, completely detached form the scene. I remembered this dream. It was one of the few dreams I thought where completely blissful. I had been so young and though many of my dreams where harmless then, this one always stood out.


It was weird watching from my view and seeing the whole picture, I noticed things that I hadn’t before. There, where animals on the other side of the field hiding in the bushes, and at first glance they looked normal. They turned their heads at me, it became harder to breath, my lungs refusing to let air through, I was suffocating. Their eyes where completely white, no pupils, staring at me as if I didn’t belong. When they turned their heads away, air flooded my lungs like a title wave. I gasped. I had never seen animals like that in my life. If they had been in my dreams before, how had I not noticed? They where watching the younger me, observing her, like a hawk would a mouse.


Fear enveloped me, taking over. I walked forward to stop them from descending on me-her. I began to run, and before I had gotten a few feet from myself I slammed hard into an invisible wall, I couldn’t even make a sound.


Except for the little boy and girl in front of me, everything was muted.

~~

“Are you real?” I asked.

 

Jacob was standing only a few feet in front of me. His hair was wild and untamed, he smiled a bright, beautiful smile, “For you, I can be.”

 

“So does that mean I will have to come here to see you?” I felt a small pang of sadness. I wanted him to be real, to see me in the real world.

 

“No. I will come to you. Just you wait, one day I will find you. And we could do whatever we wanted. No one could stop us.” He was holding my hands in his, gently but firm.

 

“So what do we do till then? Time has been so short. I miss you when I wake.” I could feel tears building in the back of my eye sockets begging to fall.

Jacob kissed my cheek, “Just you wait. I promise I will always come back to you no matter what.”

~~

My head was spinning. I was no longer running toward them, but away. This was not my dream. It couldn’t be. I never even knew his name! Much less spoke to him. This was not right!


I was heaving trying to get as far as I could from this false scene. My attempts seemed useless, every time I would look back they where as far from me as they had been just a minute ago. I was scared, sweat began to accumulate at my brow, and my heart was pumping fast. I looked back once more, but this time I stopped. They where frozen, unmoving, quit, holding each other close with their eyes shut. Suddenly everything was loud, roaring silence into my ear. I could see nothing move; yet, the wind in my hair and on my face was fast, harsh and cold.


The children in front of me looked up, their eyes where completely gone, blood was dripping from their eye sockets, oozing down their faces on to their clothes. I was frozen in fear. They could not see me though I knew, they knew I was there.

 

I screamed.



© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on April 17, 2012
Last Updated on April 17, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing