Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

My eyes shot open; I fell out of bed still screaming, unable to control myself. Blood was everywhere, it covered my shirt and hands. I screamed louder, terrified. My mother ran into the room, bursting through the door, “Christina! O my god! Christina?” I could feel her arms wrap around my body sending electric shock throughout my whole being. My skin was burning, where my mothers skin touched. She was whispering into my ear, I couldn’t understand what she was saying, I was to focused on the pained feeling in my stomach. I ran out of her arms to the bathroom, before I could lift the seat my dinner rose in my mouth, traveling back to my mouth spilling all over the toilet.


My throat burned and my head ached. The smell of vomit overpowered my nostrils. Mom was standing in the doorway, she looked concerned, her forehead creased and her eyes soft and pitying. Her shirt too had stains of blood on them.


“What did you see?” I was still shocked I looked up at her confused. I had never told my mom about my dreams. However, I had also never had such a terrifying experience with one.


She repeated herself this time more urgent, “What did you see!”


I shook my head, unwilling to speak, unwilling to look at her. I got up to walk in my room, examining the mess. My sheets where soaked in blood, still a dark crimson color just beginning to get dry and caked. My floor was almost completely clean except for the spot I had been. I was shaking. My mother’s arms wrapped around my shoulder, calming me.


This time when she spoke her voice was low and gentle, “What did you see?”


I took a deep breath trying to calm myself. I didn’t want to tell her, but I had no choice.


By the time I had told her every thing it was almost 4:00a.m. I had to get up and ready for school in two hours. She helped me wash my sheets and clean the toilet. She did not say much while I talked, just listened patiently. My mom fixed my bed and patted the spot next to her. I sat. She wrapped me in her arms, “I’m sorry. I should have told you. I never thought this would happen to you.” Tears where building in her eyes, began to stream down her face. I pulled away from her, staring, dazed and confused, “What?” My voice sounded small and fragile. Mom sat up running her hand through my hair, “O honey, I am so sorry, I should have known this would happen.” I got stiff as she wrapped her arms around me. I pushed her away, angry. “What is happening to me?” She sighed, “You’re growing up, coming into your true self. Honey, I know you don’t understand right now. But trust me every thing will be okay. Its something a lot of people go through.”


I was bewildered. “People go though this kind of stuff. Nightmares that wake you up screaming and covered in blood? Dreams that feel so real you cant forget them.” I was completely in disbelief! “Normal people don’t go through that!”

 

“Well you’re not normal Christina!” I was silent, unable to respond. “Not normal?” I did believe it. It would explain so much… but why would she not tell me until now? Why take so long to let me know there was something different about me. I stood up crossing my arms in attempt to not shake. “What am I?” She took a deep breath, “Its hard to explain… I am a witch. And, your father, well, he’s an ang-demon. I didn’t know you would develop any powers. Normally you wouldn’t develop anything like this… I just wanted you to live a normal life… If I had known you where having theses dreams I would have told you years ago! Why did you not tell me?” I could feel tears of relief build behind my eyes. I had powers, I wasn’t human. I stood silent for a few minutes hoping for an answer to evolve. Nun did, “I don’t know… They where just dreams. I didn’t think they where that bad.” I thought back to all the times I had woken up from the dreams. “Who is the boy? Does he say things to you?” I shook my head vigorously. “I saw him yesterday though. At school, I don’t think he knew me though.” Mom’s eyes widened, “You saw him? Here in the real world?!” She looked panicked, even frightened.


As if a switch went off, she instantly relaxed, stood up to push me into bed, “Get some sleep. You don’t have to go to school today.” She tucked me under the covers kissing me on my forehead. “I love you. We’ll talk later.” The sun was already beginning to rise, light trying to filter through my shades. I closed my eyes and instantly I felt as heavy as a ton of bricks, I was so scared to sleep I tried to fight to stay awake.


I was asleep soon after.



© 2012 Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on April 17, 2012
Last Updated on April 17, 2012


Author

Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus
Vivere ad mihi, mi Deus

No expressions., KS



About
Kind of have everything on hold for awhile... Not sure when I will be posting anything new.... more..

Writing