Chapter Five; Tranquility

Chapter Five; Tranquility

A Chapter by Tripp

                Fifteen minutes had passed as I set up my bed. I took out my clothes and laid them out in my special drawer that Kimberly always left open for me. I looked around her room and thought how lucky she was to have what she had. What I wouldn't give to be in her place. To have a wonderful mom and dad that loved me and cared about what I did. I finally got up and walked out of her room and shut the door silently. I was happy to be in "Her place" for the weekend, However. It made me feel safe and secure. Better than I have in a while. As I skimmed the entrance way I noticed all the little details in their house. It was almost perfectly clean. Besides for a little cat hair here and there from their kitten Snickers, It seemed cleaner than a five star hotel. I turned to hear footsteps coming from the living room to greet me. It was Kimberly, Treading through the white carpet with her opposite coloured black socks on.
“You’ve finally come down. Are you hungry by chance?” she looked at me with a smile on her beautiful face.
“No. Thank you though.” I replied, Trying to smile the same way.
“Are you sure?” I nodded. “Do you need to talk?”
“No… I’m fine.” I tried to keep my emotions hidden.
“No… I think you’re lying. Come on. Let’s go in my room and talk.” She took my hand ever so gently and led me back up the stairs into her room.

                She let me walk through the door first, Walking in after me She closed it silently. She waited for me to sit down first and then did the same herself. She looked at me with the deepest look of concern I had ever seen, Searching through my soul before I could give her an answer or second look.
“What’s bothering you?” she took my hands in hers.
“Just my situation at home is all.” I looked down. I couldn't believe it had gotten bad enough to not tell my best friend.
“Like what? Has it gotten worse?” she paled. I didn’t look up, Just played with my fingers a bit. “Elizabeth…” I looked up just then. She'd only say my full name when she was serious. She looked saddened. It was a horrible feeling and made my heart ache, Keeping such things from her. I looked down at the ground and back up at her, Trying to keep my emotions under control once again. “Please…” she was barely audible.
“My dad again… I-I mean… It’s no big deal…” I shout out bravery.
“Yes it is…” she let go of my hands. “Take off your shirt…” she stood.
“Kim, I-“
“Take it off…” she crossed her arms, Looking scornfully down at me. At that, I stood up and crossed my arms, Grabbing either side of the lip of the shirt and pulled it off. I hid my arms.
“There…” I looked away as to not see her horror.
“And your tank.” She hadn't seen a thing yet. Not my neck or anything. I did as I was told, Reluctantly trudging it off. I knew I couldn’t hide the evidence anymore. I stood there half naked, My breasts free from humiliation. The cold air hit my skin like ice, Making goosebumps appear on my skin, Tracing me like a feather pen. “Oh my God…” her hands flew to her mouth as she teared up. I bit my lip, Trying not to let it get to me. “It’s gotten so much worse, Lizzy… How can you handle this?”
“I can’t…” I broke down and cried, My hands covering my face as the tears rushed for freedom from my tortured face. “Kimberly, I can’t take it anymore. I can’t… And I don’t know what to do. I just want to die, Kim… I want to di-i-ie…” I fell to my knees and cried.
“Eli-“ she looked at me as I tried to hide my face still. “We need to tell somebody… This has gone way too far…” She gently placed her arms around me. I winced.

                “No… Kimmy you promised…” I looked up at her.
“But look at you! You’ve got bruises up your arms and all on your back. You have gashes and scrapes... And scars… Elizabeth, We need to tell somebody… We HAVE to…”
“No! No… You promised. Please don’t… It’ll just make everything worse. Just give me a few more weeks…” she sighed and paced her room as I tried to plead my statement. “Please?” she looked down at me. I tore my hands off of my face and searched hers, Tears soaking my bra, "Please just let me do this."
“Fine. But you only have until Thanksgiving. If I find ANYTHING else or worse by then, Then we’re going to the authorities. No excuses. Understand?” she looked at me, The scared shock on my face. All I could do was nod and let the tears fall. She sat on her bed and sighed, Un-content with herself. “What else has that b*****d done to you?” she never swore. She was serious.
“Thrown vases, Beaten me, Let his friend have their way with me, Locked me in my room, Sliced me with knives, Kick-“
“Enough… Please…” she was turning red from rage. She placed her thumb and middle finger on the bridge of her nose and drew in a breath. I knew what she was thinking. I’ve thought it before as well but have since then ignored the thoughts. I can’t do anything about it. “He needs to be shown whose boss… And he needs to be treated the way he has treated other people and poor girls. He needs to be thrown in jail or… Or killed!” I shook my head.
“Kim…” I started but stopped. She WAS right after all. He’s given me scars from burns and glass and scarring on the inside that I’d never be able to get rid of. And if I could, I’d get her to dispose of him for me. I just didn't want her to get in any trouble. I think she’d be good at that, Along with being in child support of course.

                “Girls! Dinner!” mom called from down the stairs. Kim looked at me and handed me my tank top while I bent to grab my shirt. She scanned my back like a hawk as I stood. She shook her head.
“Thanksgiving.” She repeated, Threatening help. I nodded and pulled my tank top over my head along with my shirt. I wiped the smeared makeup off and cleaned my hands as we walked side by side down the stairs. We walked into the kitchen to see her mom happily walking around the kitchen, Humming and setting things for dinner on the table and her dad smiling, Awaiting to greet us.
“Welcome home, Daddy.” Kim smiled.
“Thank you, Pumpkin.” He smiled and kissed her forehead. I sat down at the table as did Kim and “Dad”. I started playing with my shirt, Nervous and distressed.
“What’s wrong, Lizzy? It looks like you were crying…”
“No, No… Just got something in my eye.” I smiled through my white lie.
“Alright. If you insist. Would you like some potatoes?” she offered. I agreed. We passed the food around, Stuffing our faces with Mrs. Kellys delicious food that I could never get enough of. Delicious.

                Later that night Kim and I talked some more while getting ready for bed, Totally forgetting my father and what he’s done to me. I fell asleep in the best spirits I had been in a long time. It was a wonderful feeling. And it was all thanks to Kim and her selfless family. I just had hoped that what they said would be true. They would adopt me if the time ever came. Little did they know the story behind it or the fact it might be coming true for real. No longer would I be the little hurt girl. Kim was right. I needed to stand up for myself and take control. But, When I awoke with an angry father on the door step, I knew it wasn’t happening right that second. Her family would know sooner than I wanted, Before I could tell them myself. With Kim at my side and her parents soon behind, I approached the door to view the wretched drunken man.

-I see the way you go and say you're right again,

Say you're right again-Heed my lecture-



© 2011 Tripp


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on March 15, 2010
Last Updated on April 5, 2011


Author

Tripp
Tripp

OH



Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tripp