Chapter Nine; Revealing The Truth

Chapter Nine; Revealing The Truth

A Chapter by Tripp

                I woke up to a knock on the door and Kim slumped in her chair, Her black hair over her face and all over the place. I looked over as her brown eyes burst open.
“Who’s there?!” her words slurred as she looked around and at the door, Sitting up straight.
“Good morning, Elizabeth!” a nurse chimed as she walked in.
“Good morning.” I looked at her with a sheepish smile, Rubbing my bruised eye.
“And how are we this morning?” she set my tray of the table and handed me my pill.
“I’m pretty good. Tired and in pain, But good.”
“That’s good. Just take your pill. The doctor said we can let you out within the next few days. He just wants you to rest.”
“…Really?” I looked distraught at her.
“Yes. Why?”
“Ummm… I just don’t want to go home is all…”
“Long story.” Kim inputted, Yawning.
“Alright.” The nurse replied. “I’ll be in in a few hours to check up on you.”
“Thank you.” I smiled and looked at my food. “Do you want some, Kim?” I looked at her as she shook her head.

                “No thanks. I’ll just go get some food in the café later. You need your energy and stuff.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes. Eat.”
“Alright… If you’re sure…” I said and swallowed my pill and looked at my food. I picked at it for a while  and finally finished it an hour later. The days passed slowly, Which I liked very much and I enjoyed the no pain policy and the doctor came in and took pictures of my body. All the bruises and what not. They let me go home with Kims parents after they found out that I have no other family to speak of past my fake dad. He came and tried to take me home, But they wouldn’t allow it. I thank God that this had happened. I didn’t have to worry about him anymore. I could live in peace and harmony from now on. I actually couldn’t wait until I had to go and talk to an attorney and stuff. It would be such a relief to get away from him for good.

                I hung out in Kims room, Talking and chit chatting until my dad shower up to the door, Pounding and swearing at us. Her mom wouldn’t let him in until he broke through a window and ran upstairs.
“You little BRAT!” he screamed, Running over to me and grabbing me by my hair again.
“No! Stop!” I screamed, Trying to make him let go.
I told you what would happen, Didn’t I?”
“I-“
DIDN’T I?!”
“Yes!” I cried.
“Leave her alone!” Kim rushed over and punched him in his arm. He turned around and punched her in the face as I watched her fall to the ground.
“KIMBERLY!” I screeched, Struggling to get away. That’s when her dad ran in with a gun and pointed it at him.
“Let her go now!”
“Heh. You’re funny.” He snickered.

                I looked up, Tears in my eyes and wet spots on my cheeks to see Mr. Kelly c**k his gun and place his hand on the trigger.
“Let her go…” he said in the most threatening voice I’ve ever heard from him. That’s when he raised his knife and stabbed me deep in my side. I couldn’t scream of anything. I just gasped a bit and fell over and then, A hot went off and heard my dad fall to the floor.
“ELIZABETH!” I heard Kim squeal and her footsteps running closer.
“K-Kim…” I looked up, Tears streaking my face and blood dripping out of my mouth.
“Shhh… You’ll be okay. I promise.” She started crying.
“The police are on their way!” Mrs. Kelly ran into the room. “What happened?” I held my side in place with my hands as they grew cold from the blood. I looked down at my soaked white shirt and their now red white carpet.
“She deserves to die…” I heard my dad call out in agony.
“No she doesn’t. No child does. You’re just sick and fucked up!” Mr. Kelly replied.
“I-I’m sorry for getting blood on the ground…” I managed to get out.
“We need to get her to the hospital NOW!” Mr. Kelly shouted.
“They’re bringing an ambulance. I knew this wouldn’t end well.” She shook her head, Tears starting to drip down her delicate face.

                The next thing I knew that I comprehended was I was on an ambulance and all I could hear was the sound of the sirens, Urging people out of the way. Then, I was on a hospital bed again, Went under all the bright lights, Fading in and out of consciousness and then put to sleep again so they could stitch me up. If they could. That’s when I laid there lifelessly and prayed to God for strength and well being. I didn’t know what else to do while I laid there in agonizing pain.  After days of laying in the hospital, I had to go to trial and testify against my father. Mr. Kelly had placed webcams in every room except the bathroom after he brought me home, Just in case this situation. Luckily for us, He did. It proved he was guilty along with my medical history and every mark on my body. I knew then that this would a long process.

-Face down in the dirt she said, 
This doesn't hurt she said 
I finally had enough-



© 2011 Tripp


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on March 17, 2010
Last Updated on March 31, 2011


Author

Tripp
Tripp

OH



Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tripp





Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Compartment 114
Compartment 114