Chapter Ten; Begining Of The End

Chapter Ten; Begining Of The End

A Chapter by Tripp
"

Last chapter of this story. Rate? Thank you:)

"

After hours of testimonies and talking of the jury, They found the defendant guilty of all charges and sentenced him to life in prison. The entire time I was on the podium he glared me down, Trying to scare me, But all I could think of was what had happened for the past eleven years of my life and the encouragement of Kim and Alyx, Who finally found out in court. Even Justin was there and he had a sad look on his face. I think he finally realized why I was so withdrawn.

            The day seemed to drag out forever as I stood there, Thanking people who came to court.
“You were very brave.” I heard a male voice and turned around. It was Justin. I smiled almost instantly.
“You… You really think so?” I looked at the ground and then back at him.
“Yes. I just don’t understand why you didn’t do it sooner…”
“Because I was scared of him… Scared for my life… I didn’t know what to do, So I did nothing.” I said, Looking at him.
“I’m proud of what you did. And at least you didn’t wait too late.”
“Thank you. Very much, Justin. It means a lot.”
“And… I know this may not be the right time, But… Will you go out with me?” he looked at me, Deep into my soul and I knew he was serious.
“Yes… I will. I’d love that more than anything…” I smiled at him.

            We smiled and walked out of the court side by side as Kim followed close behind. We sat on a bench and talked for hours before I realized that I had to go home. My new home. Kimberly and I walked up to her room, Giggling and happier than ever, Free to run around and do as I pleased. We stayed up until a quarter past one and roamed the internet, Read books, Watched tv and shoved our faces with food. We tried to keep as quiet as possible though so we could let her parents sleep. We told secrets and giggled. We talked on the phone with Alyx and I apologized over and over again for not telling her what was going on with me. She kept saying, “Oh. It’s no big deal.” But I don’t know if she was lying. I was just used to doing what I was told.

            The next morning we got up around eleven and walked into the kitchen and ate breakfast.
“Morning girls.” Mrs. Kelly smiled. “Would you like some pancakes?”
“Yes, Please.” We replied in unison.  I smiled at her and then looked at Mrs. Kelly.
“I’m sorry for spoiling Thanksgiving because of court.”
“Hunny… It’s no big deal. It was a Thanksgiving miracle!” she smiled and then turned back to making pancakes. Kimberly and I chit chatted amoungst ourselves and Mr. Kelly was watching tv, Reading the morning newspaper and drinking orange juice.

            Everything was going smoothly, The best few months ever. Mr. and Mrs. Kelly adopted me into their family and added an extra room onto their house so I could have my own room. It was a dark red colour and I had new black dressers and a closet full of new clothes, Skits and pants and what not. I looked just like my two best friends. The beatings have ceased and my old bruises were getting better. The gash in my side was healing nicely as well. I resumed school two weeks after Thanksgiving, When the doctor told us I could go back. I sat at home with her little brother and did all my makeup work while she was in school. By the end of that month, Everyone in the school knew what had happened that or made up rumors. Many people came up to me to give me condolence or congratulatory compliments.

 

            My new boyfriend and I were going smoothly as well. He loved me for me and treated me like a princess, Completely different than my dad. He took me to dinner and for picnics, To the movies, Fairs, Walks, Everything. We’ve cuddled on the couch while watching movies, Made cupcakes and everything imaginable. My dad was in prison and away from me, Never to get out or get on parole. Everything was just how I always imagined and better. We had family outings and game nights and stuff along with parties for birthdays and other occasions. They gave me a therapist that way I could try to get over all of my fears and what not and try to set me back to “Normal”. I knew it wasn’t going to work completely, But I tried. And as the family and I grew closer and closer into a real family, The world kept turning and I never had to hear from my “Father” ever again, Or worry about him beating me. My life… Was finally perfect.

-Face down in the dirt she said, 
This doesn't hurt she said

I’ve finally had enough!-



© 2011 Tripp


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on March 19, 2010
Last Updated on March 31, 2011


Author

Tripp
Tripp

OH



Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tripp