Chapter Six; Drowning

Chapter Six; Drowning

A Chapter by Tripp

                “Hi dad…” I stated. I didn’t know whether or not he forgot that I was staying at Kims house or if I forgot to tell him.
“Where have you been?” he growled.
“Right here. Why?”
“You never told me.”
“Yes I did…”
“No you didn’t!” he angered. “Go get your things. We’re leaving now”
“But Da-“ I tried to defend myself, Stand up for once.
“NOW!” with that, I turned and ran up the stairs, Gathered all of my belongings, Shoved them back into my bag. I slid my shoes on. I heard his car door slam in the background.
“Liz…” Kim started as I turned to her.
“You promised…” my eyes welled with tears.
“Thanksgiving.”
“I promise.” I held out my pinky to her as she latched hers on.
“So do I.” she gave a weak smile. I wiped my eyes as I headed down the stairs. I opened the back door to his Subaru and slid inside, Buckling up. I had noticed that sitting in the back opposite side of him usually keeps him from getting to me and makes his hands stay on the wheel. He drove like a mad man home. He slammed into the driveway. I almost hit my head on the back of the seat in front of me.

                I got out and followed him up the stairs of our front porch and sauntered into the house, Afraid of what was going to happen next. I went to my room and set my things down and walked back out. At first, He was calm, Quiet. But I think that was the alcohol talking to him for a moment. Not too soon after it came, It wore off. He was outraged once more, Flying at me again. My first instinct was to duck but instead I turned and ran into the living room. He was quicker,However, And ran through the other side and grabbed me and chucked me across the room. I hit the wall with a thud, Pictures falling off that my “Mother” had put up. I grabbed my head as to protect it. They fell down and I looked at them. Pictures of her and I together, And of my “Dad” when he was happier… He only started being abusive when his first child, His real daughter got cancer when she was seven. Not too long after, She died of that horrible disease and he always blamed his wife for it. He always said I wasn’t good enough to replace his beloved child. I looked up and stared blankly as his fist came in contact with my face. A shriek came from my lungs. I crawled into the corner, Trying to get away. But he just kept perusing on. He walked toward me, Knocking over beer bottles from his party.
“N-No… Stop… Please…” Tears welled up again and threatened to fall if I thought of it anymore. My throat tightened.
“No… You have been the WORST child I have ever had to deal with… Leaving the house without permission and lying to me!” he growled and clenched his teeth. “And I HATE lying!” he took out his pocket knife and swung at me. My eyes shut as instinct.

                I screamed in agonized pain as he stabbed repeatedly. First in my stomach, Then my hands as I tried to defend myself. And after, My arms and legs, Shredding my clothing. Tears rushed down my face, Mixing with blood as it cleaned it of this horrible tragedy. He picked me up and pushed me against the wall. His glare terrifying. He slapped and punched me as I started to lose consciousness. He finally let go. My feet hit the ground first. The rest of my body followed close behind. I felt my mouth go dry before being quenched by the taste of iron. He kicked me in the stomach as I lay defenseless. I puked, Spitting out blood all over the place. It got on his shoes as he thrusted his foot into my gut. At the time, I had passed out into the dark oblivion that I called home. That was where I was never harmed or beaten for a single thing. It was where my body could rest within that temptation of lustful sleep and have no remourse. It was there my father couldn’t get to me. My soul was free and my heart could beat without problem. The inside was closed to the yelling abuse. Although this time, I wasn't sure if I was dying or if I had just fallen deeper in the dark. I couldn’t seem to wake myself up. It felt like days on end and, I didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t contact anyone for help even if I wanted to. But a voice spoke, “My dearest Elizabeth… Enough is enough… You know what you must do. On the day of Thanksgiving next, You shall tell Kimberly and guardians. You must travel to the authorities. You’ll know what to do from there.” And I couldn't help but wonder, ‘Was that God?’

-Do you feel like a man, When you push her around?
Do you feel better now, As she falls to the ground?
Well I'll tell you my friend, One day this world's going to end.
As your lies crumble down, A new life she has found.-



© 2011 Tripp


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
Added on March 15, 2010
Last Updated on April 5, 2011


Author

Tripp
Tripp

OH



Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tripp