Chapter Seven; Tortured Soul

Chapter Seven; Tortured Soul

A Chapter by Tripp

                As I laid in my unconscious sleep, Floating around in the black abyss, I couldn’t help but wonder the same question over and over. I didn’t know what was happening anymore. I sat and waited, Trying to keep myself occupied with one thing or another. But there was nothing. It was great to feel numb. To not be in the real world with my so called father… It was nice to get away. Whether my body was with him or not. I couldn’t feel a thing. I loved it. The next thing I knew, I heard beeps and a low rumble of talking. I tried to open my eyes, But couldn’t get them to listen. That or they wouldn’t stay open. It was all black to me.
“Elizabeth… Elizabeth, Can you hear me?” I barely heard a woman ask. It was muffled, Strange, Unfamiliar.  I turned my head and looked around.
“Mom?” I thought I said. But apparently I couldn’t talk either.
“Elizabeth?” she stopped. I was floating in the air. I kept wondering what was going on. Where was I? “Can someone get me a breathing mask?”
'Breathing mask? For wha-' that’s when I knew what was going on. It wasn’t my mom. It wasn't anyone I knew. It was a nurse. And I wasn’t floating, I was being pushed, Or carried. My dad would never do this… Not in a million years. So what was going on? And where WAS I?

                I started to regain consciousness. The world around me started to get louder, Brighter. Ever seventy five yards or so, I would be taken under a light as they carried me down the hallway. The nurses were talking about my medical history and what was going on with me. I started to grasp the sense of reality as I breathed in their fake air. The light overhead kept stinging me. Just when I thought they were better, It came again. I wondered who would do this. I was supposed to wake up in the corner of that living room, Have to clean up the pool of blood that surrounded me along with everything and anything we knocked over during his attack. Then I’d go and change and sit in my room until I was called upon. It must have been Kimberly. No doubt about it. She broke her promise. My heart ached. I gasped for breath. It hurt so bad.
“Her dad said that someone had broken in the house and tried to kill her. She was the only one home. She was trying to defend herself and then the attacker beat her repeatedly. He thought he killed her, Stole something and left. Her dad had just gotten home and fought him off. She’s lucky she has him.” One of the nurses smiled a bit. I blurred and fell back against the pillow.
“It’s just so sad that it had to happen to such a young girl.” Another replied.
“Indeed. Why do people have to feel the need to be so selfish? Really? To almost kill an innocent by standard? Ridiculous.” A third chimed in. "And her poor crying father."
‘But it WASN'T a robbery… It was my dad…’ I thought to myself. How could they not see that? The overlapping of bruises and scars? Were they stupid? 'He faked everything!'

                As soon as I gained consciousness, I lost it again, Falling deep into the black state. They had stabbed me with needles and put a new mask on. Apparently I was about to go into surgery or something. I waited, Counted my fingers, Tried to count up to a thousand… It didn’t work. I was bored and restless. Hours passed before I finally awoke. I heard my dad and a doctor talking back and forth lightly, Trying to keep their voices low while I rested. I moaned tiredly, In pain. I moved, Trying to sit up.
“I’ll be right back. I’m going to talk to her.” the doctor stated and walked over to me. “Hello Elizabeth. I think it’d be best if you stayed laying down. You need your rest. You’ve gone through a lot already.” he smiled at me slightly. All I could do was stare at the poor man. If only he knew what had really happened. Would he laugh and give my dad a high five? Or would he be like Kim and decide to attack him, Ripping his head off? I needed to calm down and not let my imagination wander so much. I stopped and looked up at him again. “Who did this to you, Do you know?” he asked politely. I looked at my dad, Who had a scowl across his face. I knew what would happen if I revealed the truth. I’m lucky he didn’t know that Kim knew.
“N-No… I don’t know… I barely saw him." I took in a breath. "All I know is he had blonde hair and brown eyes. I didn’t get his face much, But he was kind of tall…" I paused again. "I could barely see in the dark. I-I had just gotten home from a friends…”

                He looked as if he didn’t believe me much but nodded and sat on the edge of my bed. “How did he do this to you?”
“A knife, His fits…” I looked down about to cry.
“Anything else?” he asked.
“No…” I held back what wanted to come out. It threatened my mind, Parched my throat and tempted my lips.
“Hey...” he lifted my chin gently. I flinched. “It’s going to be okay…” I nodded as he stood up and walked to my dad. They conversed more and then he left the room, My dad walked over to me.
“You almost gave me away, You brat!”
“N-No I didn’t… I swear!” he slapped me across the face and stood back. I rubbed my face.
“Yes you did. He seemed like you were lying. When we get home… Ooohhh…” his face was starting to get red again.
“No. Please. I’m sorry…” tears started to drip down my face.
“You listen to me…” he grabbed my chin forcefully, Staring deep into me. I gulped.. “What I say… Goes…” he threw it away and I caught it before I could get whiplash again. I laid down and buried my face in the blankets.

                Hours passed before they came and told us that I had to stay here for a few days. My dad left, Just as I thought. I knew he probably wasn’t going to be back until I needed to be picked up. I wondered if I was to call Kimberly if her parents would pick me up. I could lie and say my dad went out of town and give them the story my dad made me tell. They were the closet things to me. I at least needed to talk to Kim. I was starting to think that this was the right time God was talking about. I was embarrassed and frightened. But what needed to be done was about to be done. Karma had played in his favour way to long now and in a few nights, His gambling streak was about to end for good.

- One day she will tell you that she has had enough!
It’s coming round again.-



© 2011 Tripp


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on March 15, 2010
Last Updated on April 5, 2011


Author

Tripp
Tripp

OH



Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tripp