Chapter 1: Benders

Chapter 1: Benders

A Chapter by Anonymous

Previous Version
This is a previous version of Chapter 1: Benders.



"Hurry up, runt," growled the armored guard. He yanked on the chain connected to thr child's arms. The shackles rubbed harshly on her wrists, turning her pale skin bright red. Her ribs were perfectly visible under her thin skin and torn prisoners tunic. Her skinny arms thrust forward as the guard yanked again.
"The sorcerer will deal with ye, once and fer all. Ye won't be causin' trouble no more," he laughed. "Burn ye to ashes, he will!"
The girl follwed him, her feet becoming cut and sore from the sharp stone floor. She wore no shoes, and her pale blonde locks tumbled down her shoulders and past her waist. Her huge eyes were like shards of dark blue ice, her gaze locked on the guard and burning coldly.
"Quit staring at me, ye little scrap!" he said, kicking the backs of her knees. She tripped forward and cringed in pain, then stood back up and kept walking. Finally the guard tossed her into a wall and unlocked a giant door. He yanked her into the doorway and flung her into the middle of the dark room.
"Good luck with the sorcerer, runt! I'll be happy to add yer pile o' ashes to the heap! And yer cursed bones to the dragon's lair!" the guard scoffed in his gargled, rough voice.
The girl stood in the middle of the room, not showing any emotion. She looked around blankly, and fidgeted with the tight shackles.
"Greetings, child," said a surprisingly deep voice from out of the shadows. She didn't turn, didn't even seem to acknowledge the sound. A dark-cloaked man loomed out of the darkness. A hood covered his face, except for his white-bearded face.
"Let's get this over with. Sit in that chair in the middle of the room, child," he said.
The child stood for a few moments, and walked to the chair, chains dragging, not a word uttered from her mouth.
"Your a quiet one, are you?" the cloaked man chuckled. The child nodded and stared at the stone floor. "Well, let's just get to it, shall we?"
The man raised his skinny hands and smirked. A flame formed in his hands, a swirling ball of blue liquid fire. It grew by the second.
"Goodbye," he said darkly. The man shot the flame from his hands. It came toward her, she saw it nearing quickly. As it came, gaining speed, she took a deep breath.
"Bend," she uttered.
The blast began shaking, and it blew off course. It slowed, and stopped in midair an inch from her face. In a matter of moments the frozen flame shattered into shards of blue crystal. She flung up her head and her blue eyes blazed with fury, glaring at the sorcerer. He stood in utter amazement.
"Your a..." he stuttered.
"A Bender," she finished his sentance. Then she ripped out of the shackled and shot the chains at the cloaked man. The chains wrapped around him and pulled him to the wall. His hands were welded into the wall by a certain power that radiated from the chains. He was stuck, his face still full of awe.
"Nobody is going to put chains on me ever again," she said, her eyes still blazing. "Your lucky I keep ye alive, along with the others in this forsaken place."
"Amazing," the sorcerer just kept repeating to himself.
"Ain't ye ever seen a Bender before? And ye call yerself a sorcerer?" she demanded.
"You have a wretched slur in your voice, just like those filthy guards. Can't you talk properly, child?" the man said.
"I was raised by wolves," the child said, smirking. "I wasn't taught to speak like ye high-class people."
"How discusting. You must come see me again, child. I'm facinated by your excellently performed powers," he said.
"Why in the king's name would I come see the wretch who tried to kill me, eh? I can speak however I want! Don't need no consent from ye!" the child shouted.
"Just come. I have many things to learn from you, and in turn, I'll teach you some valuble things you may need."
The girl thought for a minute. She looked at the small opening in the wall.
"Perhaps, if I feel like it. But ye'll have to wait," she said, heading for the opening.
"Could you release this stone from my hands, child?" he asked quickly. She turned and flicked her finger to one side. The stone around his hands crumbled. He rubbed his wrists. The girl climbed into the gap.
"Wait, what's your name, child?" he called after her. She stopped and said,
"Ewa. My name is Ewa."


© 2010 Anonymous




Reviews

OMG!! That's so awesome! Lol. I thought this chapter was very descriptive, very creative, and very fun to read. Wonderful job, my dear. Lol. I shall read on!

Posted 13 Years Ago


A bender, huh. I like how she does this with her ice blue eyes.
This sorcerer in shadow, I like him. I saw him in your character bios.
Of course, I'd like to know why she was imprisoned. Maybe I'll find out
later. (?)


A Few Edits:

"He yanked on the chain connected to (thr) child's" is (the)
"How (discusting)" is (disgusting)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


Definitely a start to an awesome story. There are some grammars, but I love the idea and it sounds really good so far. Keep up the good work

peace

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


Amazing!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


HAHAHA that lttle child has guts. I like that.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 11, 2010
Last Updated on March 12, 2010
Tags: Bender, Spirits, fantasy, fiction, book, magic, elves, demons, angels, gods, powers, elements, love, hate, action, adventure


Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

Andover, MN



About
I was a poet. Sometimes I still am. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Toxin Toxin

A Poem by Anonymous


Maniacal Maniacal

A Poem by Anonymous



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Son My Son

A Poem by A.Lee