Chapter 5: Realm's Past

Chapter 5: Realm's Past

A Chapter by Anonymous

Previous Version
This is a previous version of Chapter 5: Realm's Past.



Realms' mouth was dripping with blood as Ewa panicked and carried him through the hidden opening in the wall.
"For the Spirit's sake, will ye stop bleedin'?" Ewa muttered, continuing to wipe the blood from the pale boy's face as she sprinted down the path. She stopped in the middle of the forest and took a deep breath. She calmed all of her senses and felt the spark of Bend surge through her body.
"What a-are you doing?" Realms stuttered. Ewa put her finger over Realms mouth gentally and took another deep breath.
"Bend," she whispered. Emmediatly she ripped down the pathway at blinding speed. Dust flew up in tornados behind her. She held Realms tight, him still losing blood, his eyes wide, and he was clutching Ewa's arms for dear life. She was at the edge of the town in minutes, which would normally take an hour.
"Wow. You said the same thing when you counterattacked my magic blast!" Realms said weakly.
"Quiet! Stop talking, yer just losing more blood," said Ewa. Realms turned away, a dazed look on his face. Ewa went through the town and came to the hood hideout. She slammed open the door and ran in.
"Woah! Bend, where'd ya get that guy? He looks like he's about tah' pass out! He's gettin' blood all over!" Mark shouted as Ewa scrambled to set him on a bed.
"Why are ye askin' stupid questions when ye should be helpin' to stop the blood!" Ewa grumbled. Mark, Lanny, Cheat, Runner, and Bull exchanged quick glances, shrugged, and came over to help Realms. Lanny grabbed bandages and alcohol. Runner got water and bread for him.
"It'll be okay, Realms... We'll take care of you..." Ewa sobbed, holding the boy's hand as he lay, cringing in pain. Bull was scrambling to grab more medicinal herbs, when he stopped and looked at Realms.
"So what's his story?" Bull asked quietly. Ewa didn't take her eyes off of Realms.
"He's a sorcerer. I just couldn't let him stay there. I couldn't let..." Ewa's sentance was cut off by her tears. Bull put his hand on her shoulder.
"It's okay. He's welcome to stay here," Bull said, smiling. Ewa nodded and thanked him. Bull's gaze reached Realms and softened as he saw how pale and pitiful he looked, after losing all that blood. He turned away and continued with the others.
Ewa heard a quiet voice rasping from Realms.
"Ewa..."
Ewa stroked his cloud-white hair.
"I just wanted to thank you... So I'll tell you about... Who I... Who I am..."
Ewa laughed softly and kissed his forehead.
"Okay. But wait until yer not as sick and weak, please..."
Realms nodded and drifted back into unconciousness. Ewa stood up and sighed, wiping her eyes. She heard Cheat and Mark mumbling about her from across the room. She whipped around, her eyes blazing like dark blue flames.
"Whaddya talkin' about?" she shouted. They looked embarassed and ran back to tending to Realms. Ewa stepped outside and breathed in the cool night air. She slumped down the wall until she sat on the ground, her chin resting on her knees and her arms wrapped around her legs.
"Ewa," said a cool voice. She lifted her head and saw a woman. Her skin glowed like light golden honey. Her dark curly bluish-black locks tumbled down her shoulders. She wore a slightly revealing gown that shone a rich green, matching her forest-green eyes. Her whole presance glowed, like a bright torch in a dark room.
"Whaddya doin' on hood turf, lady?" Ewa said bitterly, trying to not show her awe of the glittering woman. She laughed.
Woah. She even laughs like an angel, Ewa thought.
"You want to know all about Realms past, don't you?" she said.
"Eh? You know Realms, do ye? Well, he's bleedin' to death inside! And ye filthy animals at the castle will never get him back!" Ewa hissed.
"I'm not from the castle. I'm Realms mother, Flame," she said, her eyes glistening.
Ewa's heart stopped for a moment. She fixed her eyes on Flame.
"So yer the one who left him? Left him to serve that dirt we call the king?" Ewa said darkly.
"It wasn't my choice to die. I was killed by the very same people that my son now serves," Flames said very seriously.
"Then... Yer also the one that the Sixth Spirit fell in love with?" Ewa said, quietly this time. Flame's green gaze softened.
"Yes. I am the bride of Rainfall, the Sixth Spirit. And I know quite a bit about you, Ewa. More than you know, yourself," Flame said, stepping a bit closer to Ewa.
"That's what Realms said! Ye do have quite a similar face to his. So why is his past such a big deal to everyone, eh?" Ewa said, standing up and putting her hands on her hips.
"Let me tell you then, Ewa."
Flame grasped Ewa's hand gentally, her gold skin smooth as silk. The hideout was gone. The entire city was no longer visible. She and Flame were in pitch black. Nothing around. Ewa felt like she was a small little girl, helpless and innocent as she held Flame's hand tightly.
"Where are we?" Ewa whispered.
Flame did not respond. She only pointed in front of her. Ewa turned and looked in front of her. She gasped as she saw a woman standing about twenty feet away in the darkness. Tears began to stream down her face. The woman had Ewa's hair. She had Elf ears and pale blue eyes. She had a gentle smile on her face.
"Hello, my little Ewaan," she said. Ewa released Flame's hand and shouted,
"Mother!"

"


© 2010 Anonymous




Reviews

The quotation marks at the end are not a mistake...

I didn't realize Realms got hit that bad, wow.
Now Ewa gets to learn more, I'm guessing...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


The quotation marks at the end are a mistake! Ignore them lol!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like it. Can't wait till you finish

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2010
Last Updated on March 12, 2010
Tags: Bender, Spirits, fantasy, fiction, book, magic, elves, demons, angels, gods, powers, elements, love, hate, action, adventure


Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

Andover, MN



About
I was a poet. Sometimes I still am. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Toxin Toxin

A Poem by Anonymous


Maniacal Maniacal

A Poem by Anonymous