When Home is Nowhere: Chapter 1

When Home is Nowhere: Chapter 1

A Chapter by Varissa Darke
"

17 year-old Meliara has just discovered a secret about herself after a new girl moves to her school. But then she discovers that this secret will cause her world to fall apart.

"

       "Shut up!!" I yelled at my alarm clock as I threw it against the wall. I closed my eyes and attempted to go back to sleep, when all of a sudden, my mother ran into the room, yelling, "Mel! Are you ok? What was that?" I lifted my arm and made a motion that said, "Get the hell out of my room. I don't want to deal with this right now." I could tell her hands were on her hips and she was glaring at me by the tone of her voice when she said, "Meliara Lisette Johnson! You need to get out of that bed!"

        I groaned and pulled the sheets over my head. "Mel! Don't make me come over there. Please, I'm afraid I may fall and break my leg if I try to walk over there." I laughed to myself, then said in a sarcastic voice, "Ha ha, you're sooo funny!"

          "Get up and I'll tell you another joke." I groaned again and pulled the sheets even further above my head. "You're going to be late for school."

         "Oh s**t!" I yelled and suddenly jumped out of bed. "Hey, hey! You know that's not the kind of language we use in this house!" I rolled my eyes. "Ok, whatever, now get out!" I opened up the door to my room and motioned my mother out. She tried to say something in defense but ended failing, and letting me push her out.

         Once my mom was out, I ran to my closet, being cautious of the gigantic pile of clothes laying in the middle of my floor, and picked out a pair of red and black plaid skinny jeans and an oversized AFI T-shirt. I tried to slide myself into them, but ended up tripping over a stack of, well, who knows what was in there, and falling onto the floor with a thud.

          Once dressed, I grabbed my checkered purple and black bag, and headed out of the room.

           I ran down the steps about halfway, but that apparently wasn't fast enough for me. So I muttered, "Oh crap on this." To myself, then hopped up onto the railing and slid the rest of the way down.

            After I reached the bottom, I found my dad sitting on the couch in the living room, watching the news. "What time is it?" I asked him, almost out of breath. "7:40." I groaned.

            "I'm sooo going to be late!" Without any warning, he threw the keys to his Mustang my way. Somehow, I managed to catch them. "You'll never make it there in time with your old Dodge." I grinned. "Thanks."

             I slid mmyself into my dad's car, a cherry red, '78 Mustang, and sped off to school.



© 2010 Varissa Darke


Author's Note

Varissa Darke
Sorry for any typos. I kinda typed it in a hurry.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WEll i CAN TELL mEL IS A REBEL AND IF i WOULD HAVE TALKED 3 MY MOM LIKE SHE DID, I Would have been slapped so hard, my grandkids would have felt it. :p

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
1 Review
Added on May 22, 2010
Last Updated on May 22, 2010


Author

Varissa Darke
Varissa Darke

AR



About
Hi! My name is Abby, or Varissa to some. I am the 6th child of 8. I love music, such as AFI, Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Before Their Eyes. (Just to name a few.) I love anime, including Vampire Knigh.. more..

Writing