When Home is Nowhere: Chapter 2

When Home is Nowhere: Chapter 2

A Chapter by Varissa Darke
"

Mel has a secret. A secret that she knows will tear her world apart.

"

       I ran into the classroom, completely out of breath, and flung myself into my chair, just as the clock struck 8 and the morning bell rang. "Nice to see you Miss Johnson. You seem to be in a hurry." The teacher, Mr. Holmes, said with a smartass tone. I tried to hold my tounge and prevent myself from saying anything like, "Oh yes. I am glad to see you too! I would absolutely die if I had to go one day without being able to smell your coffee and cigarettes!"

        But I would just be asking for a trip to detention, and I'd rather not go down that road again.

        I glanced around at the empty seats surrounding me. There weren't that many seats in the classroom, yet even with everyone being present today, they had managed to not fill a single seat around me.

         I sighed and robotically pulled into my daily routine, pulled out my history book, and repeated every word Mr. Holmes said in my mind, all while avoiding falling asleep. This was my learning method. I call it the, "F**k This Method." Surprisingly, it actually works!

        I didn't even notice everyone getting up and leaving the classroom. I was practically brain dead by the end of his class every day. "Meliara," Ugh. He was the teacher that refused to call me Mel. "I believe it's time for you to go now." I groaned and got up. "Hmm.. I guess it is. Thank god!" I quickly said as I left, hoping I was fast enough to avoid any trouble.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~

        I sat at my usual table during lunch. Pretty much alone, with only a few geeks that didn't have anyone else to sit with. We actually did have a few enjoyable conversations, 'cause I'm practically a geek behind the emo mask. We discussed the new video games that were coming out that we couldn't wait for, like Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires, Sims 3, and Guitar hero 5.

         After lunch though, I was back on my own, trying to survive the rest of high school. But suddenly, my day got a little better when Mr. Holmes stopped me at the end of the day.

         "Hey Meliara. Tomorrow, a new girl will be joining our class. She's a lot like you, and I think you two could probably become good friends. Would you mind coming to school earlier, to show her around?" I grinned. "Not at all."



© 2010 Varissa Darke


Author's Note

Varissa Darke
Sorry if it's a bit short or full of typos.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I heard sound affects during the last paragraph xD
They went something like this: DUN DUN DUN!
:) good so far - keep writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 23, 2010
Last Updated on May 23, 2010


Author

Varissa Darke
Varissa Darke

AR



About
Hi! My name is Abby, or Varissa to some. I am the 6th child of 8. I love music, such as AFI, Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Before Their Eyes. (Just to name a few.) I love anime, including Vampire Knigh.. more..

Writing