When Home is Nowhere: Chapter 4

When Home is Nowhere: Chapter 4

A Chapter by Varissa Darke
"

Meliara finally gets to meet the new girl and almost automatically, they're best friends. It seems harmless but we all no nothing can go completely right for too long.

"

       I was sure to set an alarm for 6:30. I definitley didn't want to be late tomorrow. It takes me forever to get ready and I wasn't able to this morning. I didn't have time to do anything! Not even brush my teeth, so of course I felt disgusting all day! (I have a major hygiene problem.)

        The alarm did go off on time, thankfully.

        I jumped right out of bed, and began to  pick out an outfit from my closet. It always takes me a while to do this. It's probably the hardest part of my mornings.

        I finally decided on a black, long-sleeved shirt with purple and black striped stars and purple polka dots. Then I grabbed a black, lacy, frilled skirt and some purple and black striped leggings.

        I slid into those, then grabbed my purple vans and struggled to get into those. I swear, it is impossible to put those on without completely restringing them. I finally did have to sit down on my bed and pull out the first three loops and then slide into the shoes, restring them, then tie.

         After the hard part was over, I went into my bathroom to do that part of getting ready.

          I start by brushing my teeth, being sure I do it well and don't miss a tooth. Then I begin trying to style my hair. Today, I decided to spike the back up.

          I grabbed the gel and began to work with the jet black section of my hair. It was fairly simple to spike, and with my awesome gel, it will probably stay like that for a few days.

         Then I grabbed a brush and began to comb out my purple and red streaked bangs so that they would hang in front of my right eye. I was practically ready after this. All I have to do now is get my bag, go downstairs, and then get in my Dodge and take off.

~~~~~~~~~~~

           The moment I saw the new girl, I knew exactly why Mr. Holmes thought we could become good friends.

           The first thing I noticed was her hair. She had bright green bangs that hung in front of her left eye. the back of her hair was jet black, and was tied in a ponytail with green rope, the same shade as her bangs.

           Her shirt was long-sleeved leather, the right side was bright green, same as her bangs, of course, except for a black sleeve over her right arm. The left side was completely black and the two sides seemed to be strapped together onto her body.

            She had a black miniskirt on that came halfway down her thighs. She wore green and black plaid leggings and knee-high platform boots that were black with green stripes running down the side. She was definitley very color-coordinated.

            Excited, I ran to her and immediatley introduced myself. She smiled when she saw me running her way.

            "Hi, my name is Meliara. But you can just call me Mel." I told her as I grasped her hand and began to violently shake it. She laughed. "I'm Finnuala. But you can just call me Nuala." I grinned and eased my shaking hand. "That's an awesome name! It's...Irish, right?" It could be the extremely pale skin, but something about her just screamed that she was Irish. (And no, it wasn't all the green she was wearing.)

              "Yes. A very old name Irish clan name. I don't exactly remember, but my parents are the type that go insane over heritage and they automatically knew my name had to be Nuala." I continued to smile as we began walking down the halls of the school. We had about 30 minutes for a tour before class started.

             "My mom is really into old-timey stuff. My dad got to choose my brothers name and my mom got to choose my name, so of course, I was stuck with a really weird and old name."

             "Meliara. It's a very beautiful name. Amazing."  I bleieve that the smile on her face right now could warm any heart. Everything about her was just so warm and inviting and just amazing.  She was practically the perfect friend.

           "So I'm supposed to give you a tour. I guess since we're near the lockers, we'll start with that. What's your number?" She smiled and got out a piece of paper from her bag. "196" She read. "Awesome! I'm 198!" She smiled and took my outstretched hand and I showed her to our lockers.

           "There they are!" The locker beside mine, 196, had been empty for so long with only a few books inside. It'll be a nice change for the poor metal box to add some color.

            "Ok, for the first few classed, you'll need your World History, English, and... no other books." I said as I read her schedule. "We have the first two classes together, it seems. Then we seperate the third. Meet back up at 5th and have the rest together." She smiled her amazing warm smile. "Great!"



© 2010 Varissa Darke


Author's Note

Varissa Darke
Sorry about any typos.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on May 30, 2010
Last Updated on May 30, 2010


Author

Varissa Darke
Varissa Darke

AR



About
Hi! My name is Abby, or Varissa to some. I am the 6th child of 8. I love music, such as AFI, Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Before Their Eyes. (Just to name a few.) I love anime, including Vampire Knigh.. more..

Writing