When Home is Nowhere: Chapter 5

When Home is Nowhere: Chapter 5

A Chapter by Varissa Darke
"

Meliara finally got to meet the new girl, and they became best friends right away. It'll get dangerous later, but for now, she's just glad to finally have an actual friend.

"

      I'm glad to have finally been able to fill the empty seat in front of me in Mr. Holmes' class. I was able to get a closer look at Nuala during class. Her eyes are amazingly bright green! The same color as her hair! I think they may be contacts, but I don't care, I'm too excited right now.

      She has her right eyebrow peirced and a silver stud in her nose. The far right and far left of her bottom lip had gold hoops hanging from it and her right ear held three holes. One at the very top, a black stud and at the bottom she had a green and black striped snake going in and out of the two holes on her ear lobes. The left ear was identical.

      "Dude! You have snakes!" I exclaimed in a whisper. "So do I!" I swept my bangs away from my ear and revealed my identical snake. "Awesome!" She hissed. A ruler suddenly slapped itself against my desk. I suddenly glanced up at Mr. Holmes. "Girls, you can talk about peircings later." I looked down, embarrassed. "Well, can we talk about tattoos then?"

      My mouth dropped and my gaze suddenly shot up at Nuala. I cannot believe she just said that! God, could there not be any person more similar to me? I slid my hand under her desk and slipped her a low-5. "Miss Finnuala. You are new here, but I must inform you that we do not give warnings here. So, you two may feel free to talk about tattoos, peircings, hair dye, whatever...in detention!"

       We both groaned and slid down into our seats. Mr. Holmes began to walk back up to his desk. Then, Nuala got out her book and a peice of paper and pretended to be taking notes.

         When she had finished writing on the paper, she passed it back to me. I unfolded it and read it. Is he always like that? So snooty and dorky, and constantly calling people by their full names, even though you ask him to just say Nuala? That is so annoying and stupid!

        I grabbed my pencil and wrote  reply. Yep. He still refuses to call me Mel. At least we have detention to look forward to. It's actually pretty fun. They let you talk to each other. Well, they don't actually let you, but no one is ever in the room with you.

         I could hear her snicker to herself quietly as she read it. Mr. Holmes walked by our desks just as she began to pass the note back. My heart jumped, and I quickly snatched the note and hid it in my book. He looked at me suspiciously, then just shook his head and continued the lesson.

          I take it you've been in dtention before? BTW, what's ur #? Mine's 870-490-2341. She had an arrow pointing to it with a not beside it saying to rip it out. I did as silently as possible, wrote my number down and the rest of my reply and it the note back just as the bell announcing it was time to switch classes rung.

          "You made it through Mr. Holmes' class! We have art next, so I know you'll be fine in that class! It's always fun in there." she grinned and we went to our lockers to put our stuff in them. We were painting today in art, so we have to keep them in there to "protect our stuff." "Come on!" I exclaimed as I grabbed her arm. "Let's go!"



© 2010 Varissa Darke


Author's Note

Varissa Darke
Sorry if it's confusing or there are any mistakes. I hope you liked it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like her :D

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 8, 2010
Last Updated on June 8, 2010


Author

Varissa Darke
Varissa Darke

AR



About
Hi! My name is Abby, or Varissa to some. I am the 6th child of 8. I love music, such as AFI, Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Before Their Eyes. (Just to name a few.) I love anime, including Vampire Knigh.. more..

Writing