When Master Calls: Chapter 1

When Master Calls: Chapter 1

A Chapter by Varissa Darke
"

Clarissa is a sevant for the famous Holloway family. When she and their son develope a secret romance, all hell breaks loose. Even worse, the son has gained a new deep, dark, and mysterious secret.

"

Howard's POV:

           It hurt. It was such a terrible pain to see her like this, so sickly and pale, crying out in agony. And I, I just had to sit back and watch. There was nothing I could do, at risk of Master's wife discovering I was the father.

           I close my eyes and let the tears that had been dotting the corners of my eyes fall. The cry of a young, newborn girl made itself heard throughout a small portion of the castle. I quickly opened my eyes to look. Master's wife held in her arms a small, screaming baby. My daughter. My beautiful, baby girl. Then, I took a quick look at the mother of the child, my love, Ellianna. Her eyes were closed and she moved not a single muscle.

            For a moment, I thought I'd seen sorrow in Master's wife's eyes as she gazed down at the lifeless body. "Ellianna!" I shouted as I sprinted over to where she was laying. "Is she ok?" I asked Milady. "I don't think so." She said softly. She didn't even shoo me away or yell at me for being out of my quarters at this time. I softly stroked Elli's face. I pressed my index finger to her throat. No pulse.

            "Elli!" I gasped and threw my head onto her chest. I sobbed into her tattered dress. "You're the father, aren't you?" I nodded, not able to speak. "Don't worry. I shall keep your secret." I lifted my head. "You will?" My voice was shocked and broken. "Yes. Would you like to hold your child?" I smiled slightly and nodded. She passed the small infant over to me gently and helped me get her set in my arms.

             "She's so beautiful.  What will you call her?" Milady had never shown any form of compassion to any of her servants. But truthfully, she did hold an ounce of sympathy for them all, I've now discovered. "Clarissa. Elli's always loved that name and knew the moment she discovered she was pregnant, she would name her Clarissa if she was a girl." Milady placed her hand on my back. "I'm very sorry for your loss. But at least you now have the amazing girl to remind you every day of Elli." I smiled as I continued to admire Clarissa. "Thank you." I said quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Clarissa's POV:

             "Papa! Come back here!" I shouted as I chased after my father around the servant's quarters.  He laughed and smiled back at me. "Ahh! Don't get me evil Clare!" I giggled and pounced onto his back. "Oh no!" He groaned as he fell to the floor. The older servants watched us and occasionaly laughed or chattered among themselves.

             The door suddenly swung open and Lady Holloway, the Master's wife, poked her head in. "Quiet it down! Lights off!" She shouted. She glanced at me and smiled. "Goodnight Clare." I smiled back. "Goodnight Milady." Then she poked her head back out and shut the door. We all obeyed and turned the lights off and jumped into our beds.

             I could hear Papa talking to one of the other servants. "Have you told her anything about her mother yet?"Papa sighed. "No. Not yet." I had never given much thought to my real mother. I've kind of always thought of Lady Holloway as my mother. My earliest memory was of Lady Holloway, taking me for a little walk around the kingdom. I know nothing of my real mother, I'm not even sure what's happened to her.

            I took my knuckle out of my mouth and pulled the blankets over my head and fell into a deep sleep.



© 2010 Varissa Darke


Author's Note

Varissa Darke
Here it is. Chapter 1, I hope you guys like it. Sorry if there are any typos.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

O so who was Elianna, the master;s dauhter or something? Could u exlain who she is to me? other that it;s great! I can already tell there's gonna be drama. btw, is howard a servant of that house? just another question...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
1 Review
Added on June 8, 2010
Last Updated on June 8, 2010


Author

Varissa Darke
Varissa Darke

AR



About
Hi! My name is Abby, or Varissa to some. I am the 6th child of 8. I love music, such as AFI, Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Before Their Eyes. (Just to name a few.) I love anime, including Vampire Knigh.. more..

Writing