When Master Calls: Chapter 7

When Master Calls: Chapter 7

A Chapter by Varissa Darke

Clarissa's POV:

           I absolutely hate when Lady Holloway has me scrub the throne room floor! It takes so long and..well, I hate to admit it but it makes me think of Markus, and the moment we first met. It makes me sad. Two years have passed since we had that terrible fight. At first, I didn't believe a word he said. But now, with so much time passed, and nothing improved, I think what he said was true, and I am nothing more than a mere servant to him and nothing could ever happen between us.

            I'm not sure if I can take this life for much longer. I have no idea how Hanna has been able to stand it for so long. I'm afraid of my feelings, for they all scream for rebellion. But where will rebellion take me? My headless body thrown out into the woods for the animals to feed on, that's where.

            Finally, I threw down my water bucket and ran up the staircase. One I was halfway up, I realized what I'd just done, and looked back. The water bucket had been completely dumped over, the water pouring out everywhere. I collapsed onto the staircase where I stood, staring down at the mess I'd made. I made no attempt at fixing it though. I just remained silent in my spot.

            I jumped up at the sound of footsteps behind me. "What are you doing just sitting around?!?" Markus! "I-I-" He silenced me with a raise of his hand. "I don't need excuses, filthy dog, I just need work out of you!" That was it. I had finally reached my breaking point. "Markus! That is it! I've heard enough from you, you selfish b*****d!" He gasped and his hand came crashing down across the back of my head, the impact knocking me down.

            Tears began to stream down my cheeks. But I didn't let Markus defeat me. I rose back to my feet and looked him right in the eyes, trying my best to forge a grin. I removed my hand from the back of my head and with all the power I could muster, I unleashed my rage upon Markus, knocking him down and sending him down the staircase.

           I immediatley regretted my actions. I looked around to see if any gaurd were in sight, and when I saw none, I ran down the stairs to Markus' aid. I could have killed him!

           "Markus!" I cried. "I'm so sorry!" But was I really sorry? I don't really think so. I think he probably deserved that. "I can't move." He muttered. I bit my lip and tried to lift him up. He cried out in pain as I leaned him against the wall.

           When I looked closer at him, I saw tears forming in the corners of his eyes. "I deserved that." He whispered. I shook my head. "No you didn't." I lied. He sighed, even though it hurt him. Then, I think he finally came to his senses.  

          "Gaurds!" He suddenly yelled out. When no one came, he continued to yell it out. Finally, two guards burst in through the doorway beside the staircase. "What happened?!?" One shouted, pulling me away from Markus and tossing me aside like I wasn't even a human being.

            I sat with my head on my knees as Markus told the gaurds exactly what happened. Exactly what happened. Once he was finished, one gaurd lifted Markus into his arms, as Markus moaned and whined, and the other came over to me, lifting me to the ground and forcing myarms togther behind my back. But I didn't complain or say anything at all. Instead, I held my head high and remained silent, as my father had just before his death.



© 2010 Varissa Darke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

myarms togther- my arms thgether. Ok, now Markus is being a .....skunk bag! That's the politess way i can put it. i guess now they are going to put her in the dungeon...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
1 Review
Added on July 24, 2010
Last Updated on July 24, 2010


Author

Varissa Darke
Varissa Darke

AR



About
Hi! My name is Abby, or Varissa to some. I am the 6th child of 8. I love music, such as AFI, Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Before Their Eyes. (Just to name a few.) I love anime, including Vampire Knigh.. more..

Writing