When Master Calls: Chapter 6

When Master Calls: Chapter 6

A Chapter by Varissa Darke
"

Clarissa is a sevant for the famous Holloway family. When she and their son develope a secret romance, all hell breaks loose. Even worse, the son has gained a new deep, dark, and mysterious secret.

"

Markus' POV:

          "Markus!" I recognized the voice immediatley, but didn't turn around. I couldn't. I couldn't allow myself to so much as even take a single glance her way. "Markus!" Clarissa repeated. I continued to ignore her, although it hurt me. No, I mustn't feel even a single drop of sympathy or regret. She is nothing but a simple servant! I could never feel anything for her, never again. I've made the mistake before.

          "Markus! I don't care what your father or mother say, I love you and I know you feel the same about me. Come with me, defy your mother and father and run with me." I shook my head. "Foolish girl!" I finally shouted. "If you believe there was anything between us, you're wrong. Leave my sight, filthy servant!"

            She gasped. "B-but Markus! Please!" She cried out. "No! Can you not hear? Are you hard of hearing? Leave now!" I had to clench my fists together tight to hold in the pain. I could barely hear the sound of her footsteps running away from me over her cries. I sghed and unclenched my fists. It was hard, but it had to be done.

Clarissa's POV:

            I ran back to the servant's quarters as fast as I could, not even refusing the cries that wished to come out. How could Markus do such a thing? My best friend in this world. The one I loved. The one who's held me heart, has now torn it from my chest and ripped it into a million pieces.

           No one was in there. Well, no one but a young girl, about the age of eleven, who sat on a bed, staring out the window. When I ran in, her head quickly snapped around. Her face was one I didn't recognize.

          I wiped the tears from my red puffy eyes and sat down beside her, not even waiting for an invitation. I tried to clear the cries from my throat and attempted to speak. "Hi." I said quietly to the girl. "Hi." She replied, in a softer whisper. "What's  wrong?" She asked me. I tried my best to smile. "I'm just..upset. What's your name?" She must have just arrived at the castle.

          "What are you upset about? And my name is Kalista. What's your name?" I brought my knees up onto the bed and hugged them to my chest. "My best friend, the Master's son, Markus, just..." I had to try and think of a way to explain this to such a little girl. "Well, he really, really hurt my feelings." Kalista frowned. "That's sad."

           "Were you just brought to the castle today?" I asked her. She nodded. "How old were you when you were brought here?" I scooted over closer to Kalista. "Well, actually, I was born here." Her eyes widened. "Really? Were your parents both servants?" I nodded. "Wow, the family I served before I was sent here didn't allow servants of the opposite gender to even speak to each other. My parents were both servants there, and they were both executed because of it."

           I couldn't help but smile. "It's the same way here. My mother died giving birth to me, and my father was executed when I was three. A woman here named Hanna took care of me. I can't wait until you meet her. She's very kind as has been there for me no matter what." Kalista rested back onto the pillow behind her. "I can't wait to meet her." I laid down beside Kalista.

            "So how old are you Kalista?"  She clasped her hands together and laid them on her stomacg. "Thirteen."   I rose up to look at her. "Really? I thought you were ten or eleven." She laughed. "Gee, thanks. How old are you?" I rested my head back on the pillow. "I'm fifteen." Kalista rose up just as I had. "Really? Wow, I thought you were sixteen or seventeen!" I grinned as she fell back onto the rough pillow. "You wanna be friends?" I asked her. She chuckled. "I kinda thought we already were."

             I wrapped my arm around her. "Aww. Yay!" She accepted the hug and rested her head on my shoulder. "Things are not going to be as great as they are now later, huh?" I shook my head. "No, but with someone to watch your back, it won't be as bad as it could have been." She sighed. "Good. I hope things work at well with you and Markus." I sighed. "I don't think they will, but thank you anyway."



© 2010 Varissa Darke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

No! Can you not hear? U hould try wording this in another way, it sounds weird. and I have nothing else to say.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Added on July 11, 2010
Last Updated on July 11, 2010


Author

Varissa Darke
Varissa Darke

AR



About
Hi! My name is Abby, or Varissa to some. I am the 6th child of 8. I love music, such as AFI, Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Before Their Eyes. (Just to name a few.) I love anime, including Vampire Knigh.. more..

Writing