When Master Calls: Chapter 5

When Master Calls: Chapter 5

A Chapter by Varissa Darke
"

Clarissa is a sevant for the famous Holloway family. When she and their son develope a secret romance, all hell breaks loose. Even worse, the son has gained a new deep, dark, and mysterious secret

"

 "Clarissa," I continued to stare down at me feet as I slowly traced the cold stone floor of the prisoner's holding cell. Lady Holloway Grabbed onto my shoulder and forced my chin up. "Clarissa," She repeated. "I have been able to convince Master Holloway to soften your punishment. So, instead of execution or exilation, you are simply not allowed to ever speak to Markus again. Which was actually already a rule. Yet my soft heart allowed you to slip through the rule book."

             I rolled my eyes. "I'd much rather be exiled." She frowned and sighed. Then she silently opened the cell door and walked out, pulling me out with her. The sounds heard were the sound of our rythmic footsteps against the floors. Neither of us could speak or even wanted to. I didn't look up at Lady Holloway, but just continued to watch my feet as I lifelessly dragged them as I walked.

             Once we reached the servant's quarter's, Lady Holloway opened the door, let me walk in and, without a word, left.

              Hanna instantly ran to me and carried me to my bed and sat wit me, ready for me to explain my absence. All the other female servants, (Which was actually all the servants in the room. After my father's execution, they seperated the male and female servants), gathered around my bed and opened their ears for my tale.

             "I had snuck out to see Markus. We were out for a while, sitting out on the roof." Hanna's eyes widened, along with a few others. "We kissed!" I exclaimed. Gasped filled the room. "What happened next?!?!?" A servant girl, a few years older than me that we had just recently "imported" in, cried out. I grinned, but only slightly. "Well, Lady Holloway caught us." More gasps filled the air. "So, I spent the night in a prisoner's cell. But Lady Holloway recently informed me that they'd let it slide, as long as I didn't ever speak to Markus again."

            "Sure does make an amazing love story." A middle-aged servant said. "Sure does." Hanna agreed. I pulled my kness up to my chest. "But that is absolutley terrible a thing to do to such a young couple." She quickly added. "I'll miss him." I said quietly, setting my chin on my knees. "You musn't let Lady Holloway get in the way of your love!" The young servant shouted. "I know that Markus still loves you! You two should run away together! Leave this place and make a statement to that damned Lady Holloway that you won't go without a fight!"

           I smiled but shook my head, right along with Hanna. "Melinda," Hanna began. "We don't need to get these silly dreams stuck in her young mind." Melinda frowned and removed her gaze from Hanna's.

            Then I remembered the bracelet. "Look at this!" I quickly exclaimed, rolling up my sleeve and extending my arm out to them. "Oh wow!" Hanna gasped. "He gave you that?" I nodded. "He does certainly love you." Melinda said. "Completely ignore what Hanna said about not putting the dreams in your head. Go for it. Find Markus and tell him that you shan't allow Lady Holloway to get in the way, even if it means you two running away!"



© 2010 Varissa Darke


Author's Note

Varissa Darke
Feel free to express your opinions!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I wish you would have written how their relationship has grown since they were younger. maybe u could have had a scene where they confessed their love to each other? Just a suggestion. Again, it;s fast, but i guess u can expand whenever you think about editing.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Added on July 3, 2010
Last Updated on July 3, 2010


Author

Varissa Darke
Varissa Darke

AR



About
Hi! My name is Abby, or Varissa to some. I am the 6th child of 8. I love music, such as AFI, Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Before Their Eyes. (Just to name a few.) I love anime, including Vampire Knigh.. more..

Writing