Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Japanese Cherry
"

Book Version

"

After a good night's rest and a river of tears, Saku is feeling much better. She woke up, ready to face the challenge that loomed before her. Getting up with no complaints, Saku got dressed and grabbed her gear. With the remaining money that she had, Saku, along with her supplies, caught a bus and headed to the destination of the Sunday Tennis Competition. She was ready today... she wasn't going to lose...

When she arrived at the tournament, Saku was greeted by many of the people she would be challenging... all she had to do was wait... wait for the challenge to begin... but it was s o hard on her part. She paced back and forth, watching the crowd of people who would be watching her game today... Saku's eyes caught the trophey and the huge check of money... she longed for just half of that money at least... When she is suddenly called to her place, Saku jumps out of fear... getting over the shock and surprise Saku goes to the first court where she drops into a defensive position... her first battle about to begin...

 

As Saku continues to fight to reach the top, she pays no mind to the crowd... her only thoughts on the prize money that would save her from the debt that continuously drags her down. So intent on the games, Saku never even notices that Tsuyoi has arrived and watches her from the sidelines...

Tsuyoi is watching her closely, noticing the strength and speed Saku is exerting... he notices her determination and a surge of pride envelopes him, "All that training really paid off... Good luck Saku!!" he silently cheers.

 

Saku gives a powerful swing and slaps the tennis ball away from her. Her opponent is definately out... being so far away from the ball that she misses completely. Saku lets out a huff as she wins the game... she has only one left to play... Saku made it to the finals... but... she exerted so much energy, Saku felt like she was going to collapse... Fortunately, the final players were able to get a break for a minute. Saku breathed a sigh of relief and stretched, enjoying the relief that it gave her tired muscles. Using this time, Tsuyoi goes to meet Saku. When she finally notices him, Saku's face brightens.

Tsuyoi gives her a hug and pats her head, "You did really well!!" e says, complementing her efforts.

Saku gently slaps Tsuyoi's hand away, "How long have you been here Tsuyoi Senpai?"

"I got off work early and made it during the middle of the games."

Saku huffs and sits down, "Uhg... did you see the girl I'm facing?! She looks like she wants to kill me!"

Tsuyoi takes a peek at the girl Saku is indicating: She is tough and pretty... she looks really serious about the games and when she noticed Tsuyoi conversing with Saku, she give him a dirty look and twists her head to look in a different direction. Tsuyoi looks back at Saku and chuckles, "... Good luck kiddo... she looks like she wants to chew through your spinal cord and rip out my heart!!"

Saku gets up and punches him for the comment, "Go sit down... I have to face off with her soon!"

 

With the break over, Saku and the girl she is facing go to take up their positions on the tennis court. Saku tenses and waits... the girl is serving. With a pwerful strike, the girl serves the ball over to Saku and thus starts the challenge, Saku's fight for survival.

Saku is tirelessly running back and forth to keep the tennis ball from passing by her. The girl continuously tries to beat Saku, aiming her hits towards Saku's weak spots. Saku can feel her energy quickly depleting... but she fights on... for each loss she gets... she wins twice more.

The competiton begins to run thin and Saku is on the losing end. Saku can feel her legs burning and she knows that she is tripping over herself... the girl realizes that Saku is completely out of energy. In an attempt to finally end the game, the girl swings her racket hard. In a desperate attempt to save herself, Saku races to counter the tennis ball, basically throwing herself at the last minute... Saku just misses the tennis ball. As Saku hits the ground, the crowd cheers at the loss of Saku and the championship of the girl. Saku lies on the ground for a while as she takes in her loss... only breathing, trying to remain calm... but she gets up soon and brushes herself off... The cameras would be flashing... so Saku Hana put on a smile and set up a 'happily accepting defeat' facade. She watches as the girl is awarded the trophey and the gigantic check, followed by flowers and pictures. Saku's eyes are drawn to the check, but she forces herself to look away...

When Saku is invited to take a picture with the champion, she doesn't refuse. The girl is able to get in a sneer at Saku without the cameras or people catching her... but Saku, not wanting to stoop to the girl's level, returns the sneer with a great big smile.

After the pictures and congratulations, Saku is reunited with Tsuyoi who offers her a ride home, which she doesn't refuse.

 

When Saku is finally home, she is tired and beaten... before leaving the car, she leans over and kisses Tsuyoi on the cheek... she was planning on telling him that she was basically screwed in life and that she was in the hospital, but... then again... she didn't want his sympathy... or to burden him with her problems since she knew damn well that he would take her in even if it caused problems on her end... So, Saku said her goodbyes and waved him off... then she went inside to go to her apartment.

 

As Saku prepares to open her apartment door, it is opened for her. Saku cannot believe what she sees: a group of moving men already preparing to remove her from the premicise...



© 2012 Japanese Cherry


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh no... Not already... Where will she go now?...
Another amazing chapter! (Even though Saku lost her apartment. I mean that it's amazing in the sense that you portray Saku's story so realistically.)
Keep up the awesome work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Japanese Cherry

11 Years Ago

I love your review! I'm very glad you like reading this
Gretchen Clarke

11 Years Ago

Yep! I sure am!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

441 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 15, 2012
Last Updated on August 16, 2012


Author

Japanese Cherry
Japanese Cherry

Mallepa, With Sho and Kei, Japan



About
MEOW HOO!!! OHAYO!!!! ANNYEONG!!!! I'm just a shy (unless ur a close friend or family), but creative girl between the age of 15 and 21 that loves to read, write and draw... Nothing more... by the.. more..

Writing