Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Enigma

I hadn’t told Master yet, but Piper could NEVER stick to a plan. She would always alter and shift anything she felt necessary. Which in anyone else’s eyes just screams failure and death to us all... but she got the job done nonetheless. So, I kept my mouth shut. As long as everything was proper, her life would be a little bit longer.

            “Barker! Barker open the damn door! Hurry I need your help! It’s an emergency!” I groaned through the bloody knife in my hand, having finally disposed of the body I  shuffled towards the door. It swung open hard, revealing a bloody Piper. . .and a dying lady in her arms?

            Relax Barker… Relax, Relax, Relax… Don’t Relax! She’s dying! What is going on?!

            Piper shuffled inside, her eye twitching at the smell of previous blood but said nothing about it, glaring at my mouth. I blinked and threw my hand against my forehead, spitting  out the tainted metal.

            “Piper we’re supposed to be working on our next plan REMEMBER? What is wrong with you?! Going around and killing innocent-“

            “LOOK! I didn’t even touch this lady! I don’t know who she is! She just-“

            “Oh so she’s just randomly dying of blood loss and trauma with no cause?”

            “Yes!” She spat, slowly laying the lady on the floor, leveling her head with a pillow.             Everything was silent, except for the choked wails of the bloody lady gasping for help. Piper was telling the truth. She’d own up to anything like this…

            I sighed and fell to my knee’s shoving Piper away. Slowly turning the ladies neck I noticed a thick gash running down to at least her waist line. Checking her pulse I grabbed my knife and slowly marched into another room. “Barker!” Piper screamed in protest. Grunting I slipped into the kitchen and grabbed some ice, a new knife, a syringe, and a dozen towels and rags.

            I returned and rolled the women onto her side, making sure her breathing hadn’t gotten heavier. “Piper I need you to go get me a bucket of hot water” I mumbled, slowly digging into the wound with the shorter knife. She flinched but staggered away. The woman screamed, trying to pull away but I wrestled her back and grabbed the syringe. “Damn… Just calm down! Before I actually kill you.” I snapped. She screamed louder, making the wound bleed. I stuck the syringe into her back and eventually she was silenced.

            “What the hell did you do?! Did you kill her? Barker why-“

            “Shut up.” I snapped, grabbing the bucket. “Check her pulse and tell me if anything changes.”

            Saving the life of an idiotic woman and dealing with a frantic mess of a partner wasn’t something I wanted to deal with so late on a Sunday night… But it’d all be worth it right? 



© 2013 Enigma


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on July 9, 2013
Last Updated on July 9, 2013


Author

Enigma
Enigma

SC



About
I was never meant to be, so why am I still here? more..

Writing
Tea Tea

A Poem by Enigma


Locked Locked

A Poem by Enigma