Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Enigma

I chose to wear my most grand suit for this occasion. It was slimming and a dark shade of grey, with a bright red tie and a black undershirt to match. I slipped on my glasses, grabbed my brief case and stepped inside the broadcasting building. Because it was for mainly radio stations there weren’t many people inside to begin with.

            I stepped over to the receptionist desk and asked to see the manager, but he wasn’t around so I sat and waited.

            One explosion went off. I saw the women’s face at the desk drop as she covered her mouth, and she started sobbing towards the television screen. I shot it a glance and saw nothing but thick smoke and screaming bystanders. Paul Martin, one of the more elite had been stabbed with a small knife in the confusion.

            Another explosion went off. Three deaths thus far, more smoke, more crying. I sat getting restless as ever. So I turned to my watch, and then smiled at the women who was in tears. She wiped her eyes and pointed me towards the bathroom. Giving a reassuring smile I walked down the hallway and took a short left, pulling my mask away from my suitcase and fastened it to my face.

            It wasn’t anything fancy, just your typical old fashioned Batman and Robin styled mask. It wasn’t needed considering everyone in the building was to die anyway, but in case of security cameras it had to be done. So I dropped my suit case and ran down the hall and up the stairs, busting through door after door until I finally found the control room. The men looked startled, already tied up and sobbing. I had my gun aimed towards them curiously before I heard the tapping away of Pipers fingers as she tried to take over the server.

            “Nice masks, right?” She joked

            “Shut up.” I mumbled, slowly taking a seat. I turned and eyed the three men who were tied up and removed my over coat slowly running my fingers through my hair.

            “Eh, you look like a pathetic version of Dick Grayson. Which I guess would be an improvement for you.” One of them spat. The other two chuckled slightly, spitting in my direction. I turned to Piper who was too busy typing away.

            “Is Master taking care of it?” I asked slowly. She nodded. “So, no one knows anything about what’s going on here at all..”

            “As far as they’ll ever know nothing happened once I tap this server.” She grinned. She twisted around and crossed her arms, starting down at the two men.

            “Just take care of them and everything will be dandy.” She smirked. “Once this finishes downloading were set.” I sighed and walked over to the struggling men.

            “Now!” one screamed. I was greeted by a hard fist to the face and a swift knee to the stomach, my head being thrown against the ground. My lip busted and my lungs winded I gasped slowly pulling my gun away from my side. I twisted and aimed for one of the men, shooting him in the shoulder as they escaped through the door. I slowly stood up and stumbled after them, my ears ringing. I couldn’t hear anything but I could see the wounded man. I sneered and shot the back of his neck, watching him fall against the floor and bleed out.

            One man was in too much shock to move, falling to his knees in hopes of saving his companion. I stared at him curiously wondering what he’d do. Because he wasn’t going to be able to do anything... his friend was dead and soon enough  he would be too. I lifted my gun, and placed a finger on the trigger slowly wondering if he’d look up and give me a thrill of watching his face before he died but that wasn’t the case. My shoulder was thrown back twice, and two bullets were logged deep inside my shoulder.

            “Son of a b***h” I gasped, dropping my gun. I winced and wheezed trying to  control myself.

            “J-Just stay back.” He shouted, grabbing his companion. Dragging him to his feet he turned to run but was greeted by Piper. She shot him between the eyes, leaving him to fall dead in the lone mans arms. He was sobbing harder now, on his knees once again. Piper, too easy took pity but would never admit it. She looked at me and then back down at her stomach.

            Somehow, the man she had just killed shot her when I was dazed and disoriented on the ground.

            “Piper!” I gasped, dragging myself over to her. She gasped and coughed; putting immense pressure on her wound as I slowly turned and took her down the hallway. “Piper what the hell… I thought you had them tied up!” I snapped. “You should’ve done a better job! You’re always messing things up!” I snarled, throwing her into another room The man down the hallway was staring at us, still on his knees. “Piper, can you get to your car?” I said quickly She nodded slowly already reaching for the door.

            Lunging down the hallway I grabbed my gun and swung it hard against the back of the man’s head. He gasped, before going limp against the ground. I grabbed him and slowly lifted him around my bad shoulder, feeling it bleed and throb harder but I hadn’t any more options.

            I reached Piper and had her slowly guide me to her car, throwing the man in the trunk. Once that was done I had to tend to Piper before she bled to death.

            “Piper… I-I can’t treat you here.” I said slowly. Something neither of us wanted to hear but she needed a hospital. I wasn’t planning to get shot or have someone die on me so bringing my supplies was far from my mind when the day started.

            “We don’t have much time Piper, You have to go see a doctor. I’ll meet you there. Use an alias and say you were a victim in the bombing.” I started while revving the engine. She leaned back against the seat and slowly exhaled before releasing loud scream.

            “S**t man… I’m sorry.” She mumbled. I ignored her, pressing hard on the gas pedal. The car screeched and twisted around the corner onto the crowded road. Piper closed her eyes and I panicked a bit.

            “Piper open your eyes babe.” I mumbled slowly stretching my wounded shoulder out to smack her face a bit. “Piper come on.” I snapped. She opened her eyes slowly and mumbled something under her breath before slowly sitting up. I checked the time and sighed. The explosions were all set and done, the people meant to die, had hopefully died, a man was kidnapped and Piper was dying.

            She was dying



© 2013 Enigma


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on July 18, 2013
Last Updated on July 18, 2013


Author

Enigma
Enigma

SC



About
I was never meant to be, so why am I still here? more..

Writing
Tea Tea

A Poem by Enigma


Locked Locked

A Poem by Enigma